what do you do about check-out times on interview days?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

aroundthecorner

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So if I am planning on flying out after my interview (on the same day) and I am staying at a hotel, what do you do about check-out times? I was looking it up and most hotels have you check out at noon, but interviews usually last till 3 or so.

Members don't see this ad.

So if I am planning on flying out after my interview (on the same day) and I am staying at a hotel, what do you do about check-out times? I was looking it up and most hotels have you check out at noon, but interviews usually last till 3 or so.

Are you renting a car, taking public transportation, taxi, or shuttle?

If you are renting a car, just check out in the morning before you leave for the interview.

If the other options, you can check out everything and most hotels will let you leave your suitcase/backpack at the front desk and then get it after your interview is done.

Are you renting a car, taking public transportation, taxi, or shuttle?

If you are renting a car, just check out in the morning before you leave for the interview.

If the other options, you can check out everything and most hotels will let you leave your suitcase/backpack at the front desk and then get it after your interview is done.

Some places even have late check out, might want to ask them about that!

Members don't see this ad :)
Somewhere on this predent forum I read that the schools are aware that you might have a suitcase and they can help you store it somewhere in their office. it wouldn't hurt to ask them, especially if you need to be at the airport soon after and you wouldn't have time to get back to your hotel.

If you have time to spare, the hotel's front desk people can store it for you.

Last year at all of my interviews I took my carry on bag to the school. All the schools had a spot to put your bag throughout the interview day. I didn't rent a car so I was usually able to catch a ride with someone who did back to the airport or at least share a taxi with other people. If you're planning on taking a big checked bag I would probably try to leave it at your hotel for the day, but a small carry on I would take to the school and just go to the airport from there.

Most motels/hotels let you store your bags there even after you check out, so you can do that (don't forget to tip the porter!) Carrying around a duffle bag/luggage around interviews must give super-awkward vibes

Most motels/hotels let you store your bags there even after you check out, so you can do that (don't forget to tip the porter!) Carrying around a duffle bag/luggage around interviews must give super-awkward vibes

You don't carry the bag, you drop it at the office when you arrive and pick it up when you leave.

A lot of hotels will let you keep your luggage behind the reception desk while you're at your interview. I did this when I went to my interview in AZ. Luckily I was able to stay with friends for my other 3.

Thanks everyone for the advice! I called the hotel and they said I could leave my bags behind and come back for them later.