What do you do for fun?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I wonder how older adcomm members would react if we told them our hobbies include surfing the internet or participating in message boards. Is that a legitimate hobby?

Yes.

I enjoy political message boards. One is free to express their opinions without repercussions. It's fantastic.

Members don't see this ad.

just started undergrad

SDN, listen to music and wacth movies with friends in till 3 in the morning, and as well as attempting and failing to enter a club that was 21 and up for guys..

Work and Play Hard.

Members don't see this ad :)
I hang out with my cycling buddies and ride about 250-300 miles a week, hang out with my GF, watch some favourity shows online (can never catch then during the actual time), and learn to do new stuff like play the piano or read music.

But recently with work taking 80+ hrs/wk of my time, and applications taking up the rest, I can't do much of anything anymore.

hmmm...too much of it lately has been spent on SDN :(

let's see, I play a lot of disc golf, run, lift weights, bowl, play other sports, play scrabble, do crossword puzzles, cribbage, play with and walk my dog, watch MSNBC and ESPN. Sometimes I go downtown to the bars but realize I can't stand the slutty drunk college kids. I used to shop when I had money. Now that I'm out of college, I've re-discovered pleasure reading.

I hang out with my cycling buddies and ride about 250-300 miles a week, hang out with my GF, watch some favourity shows online (can never catch then during the actual time), and learn to do new stuff like play the piano or read music.

But recently with work taking 80+ hrs/wk of my time, and applications taking up the rest, I can't do much of anything anymore.
OMG! Your avatar!!! :lol::lol::lol:

I garden, listen to music, hang with friends, watch videos together, go to plays and loud concerts, clean my aquarium, raise chickens. (Spent all of Saturday morning watching my babies hatch. Now I have an incubator filled with little balls of fluff.) Play board games (mainly Othello & Risk) and word games, like Balderdash. I read books, magazines, and scientific journals, hang out in the lab, listen to BBC at night, and dabble with programming. Tonight I watched an hour's worth of video lectures on comparative physiology, read some of the Virtual Textbook of Organic Chemistry, and watched the baby chicks. It was a relaxing evening.

i sing, take my dog on walks/to the dog park, play computer games, go backpacking, go out with friends. pretty average.

Fly airplanes, hunt, exercise, and go places and do things with my wife.