What do you do if you are nearly done with your major requirements

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sonia1177

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone,

What do most people do if they are heading into their senior year and only have about 12 credits (3 classes) left to complete? What do you do with the extra time and room in the schedule? Sorry if this has been answered before, but I am kind of confused and would appreciate guidance from those who have been in/will be in a similar situation. thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

You could graduate a semester early, or just take all those classes you've always thought about taking but never have.

I'm in that situation right now...I'm done with my major and just have to finish up my thesis next semester. My financial aid pays my living expenses so I have to do another semester full-time to pay my rent. I'm taking bioethics, fiction writing, medical terminology, and an extra course in my major.

Make it a fun semester.

Take easy/fun elective courses? Or add another bio class to raise your sgpa? Add more volunteer hours? Sleep?

Take badass classes. I took Gamelan, Science Fiction Literature, and Mathematical Modeling when I needed some extra credits.