What do you do the week before MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cjorgensen754

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
MCAT coming up this Saturday - feeling relatively confident about it! All AAMC practice exams going well (avg 36 +/-1), but I'm wondering what some advice might be about the mentality going into the last stretch? Additionally - what does one do the day before the exam? Clearly at that point you're not gonna figure out some miraculous method to scoring a whole lot better than previous - so what do you do?!

Members don't see this ad.

MCAT coming up this Saturday - feeling relatively confident about it! All AAMC practice exams going well (avg 36 +/-1), but I'm wondering what some advice might be about the mentality going into the last stretch? Additionally - what does one do the day before the exam? Clearly at that point you're not gonna figure out some miraculous method to scoring a whole lot better than previous - so what do you do?!

I'm going to get a good workout in, eat a bunch of delicious food and sleep.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sounds like you're good to go. I spent the day before the exam just relaxing: slept in, went out to lunch, watched TV, etc. Make sure to try to get to bed early, of course, and hopefully you can get a little bit a sleep (I know I didn't :laugh: ).

The Week before I abstained from alcohol, got 8+ hours of sleep each night, and did light review with no practice exams. I think I did tbr bio diagnostics and the ek 30 minute exams too. Hope it paid off!

The Week before I abstained from alcohol, got 8+ hours of sleep each night, and did light review with no practice exams. I think I did tbr bio diagnostics and the ek 30 minute exams too. Hope it paid off!

This is what I did too, OP. Don't forget to still review a little stuff and do some practice problems so you don't make silly mistakes. At the score you are at, 1 missed question means a score difference of a point.