What do you do with your old notes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mellsworth21

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering cause I've came to the point where either I need to seriously do some organizing or throw them out.

Members don't see this ad.

I NEVER look at my notes EVER again, unless for nostalgic purposes. Throw them away, or dump them in a recycling bin. If you ever need to relearn something, pickup a review book.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yea, I think I will throw them away. I thought about selling them on Ebay, than I realized there pretty crappy.

Yeah I tried going year to year carrying my notes with me but unfortunately, they just take up too much space. And frankly, I never look at them again. So I'm going to carry them in chunks to work and throw them in the recycling bin.

I'm keeping them, especially the physics ones. I go back and look at those occasionally. I only have 10-ish notebooks' worth of notes, so it's no a hassle to keep them around.

fire.gif

For the love of God, get rid of them!

i usually shred mine so no one else can use em

If it's something I'll need to review for the mcat, I keep them in a notebook on my bookshelf. If I don't, they go in the garbage.

that's something a group of my friends and I have been doing since soph year in high school. a lot of them are in community college now, but we still meet up at the end of the qtr to burn all our stuff. it's a great feeling =)

Didn't really take traditional notes once I got into college since all Lectures are power points/PDF files, so I just archive them on my computer even though I know I won't look back at them.

i'm such a pack rat. but such memories!

but my room back home is starting to really stack up with just notebooks and papers of notes. i guess it's about time.... next summer i'll get rid of some :eyebrow:

I keep text books, throw out notes. My handwriting keeps evolving and I can't read most of my notes from a few years back. It's weird.

I keep text books, throw out notes. My handwriting keeps evolving and I can't read most of my notes from a few years back. It's weird.

Ahh the true signs of a doctor. :D

My hadwriting sucks fish!!! so I keep textbooks and give notes to underclassman sort of like passing the torch (if they could read them) but thats what I do unless its a lab book I have loads of those to refer back too.

I can never throw my notes away immediately after a class has ended because I feel like I put such effort into making them that they must be worth more than just trash now. Of course, when I find them again 6mo - 1 yr later I usually flip through them for nostalgic purposes then dump them. Kind of a delayed recycling thing.

Well, I teach and tutor a lot, so I keep everything relative to my major fields of study, but I throw out the random class stuff from those I was made to take.

With the ones I keep, I gather all class materials together really nicely (normally typed), and I have a cover sheet made, and I get them bound for like $0.30.