What do you give up for dental school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

helpfuldoc2b

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious about the profession, you see alot of posts like this in the non-traditional med school forums. Wondering about the non-traditional dental students here. What do you do before dental school, what salary and life style did you give up and why, and how old were you when you decided to enter dental school and change careers. And do you regret anything about it, if so what (and dont list, i wish i would of started earlier as one). :love:

Members don't see this ad.

More than likely, the answers will vary as they would for the med students. Dentists are doctors, meaning many of the same motivations, pitfalls, and rewards will enter in the success equation at some point as for any other clinician.

there's actually a 1st year med student at Columbia who used to be an NBA backup player for quite some time. enough to make him a multi-millionaire.

Members don't see this ad :)
there's actually a 1st year med student at Columbia who used to be an NBA backup player for quite some time. enough to make him a multi-millionaire.

Wow, thats cool, not to be offensive, but i never knew there were NBA players that bright!!!! But yet again thats med school your talking about, am i right?

There is a former in NFL football player in the 4th year DDS class at UNC.

I figured out salary alone I will give up around 500k to go to school. I was a Electrical Engineer.