what do you guys do to distract yourself from sdn?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Eastcoast24

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I literally am on this website almost 24/7 and I can't stop checking my emails. I don't have work so I just stay home most of the time. My wallet isn't thick either so I can't go out.

What do you suggest that I do?:(

Members don't see this ad.

You already answered your own question. Get a job.

Members don't see this ad :)
Make puzzles. Lots of puzzles.
I prefer those with 1000+ pieces. :)

I literally am on this website almost 24/7 and I can't stop checking my emails. I don't have work so I just stay home most of the time. My wallet isn't thick either so I can't go out.

I have a job, but you could go shadow a dentist or volunteer somewhere.

crush my enemies, see them driven before me, and hear the lamentation of their women

Go workout so when you finally get interviews you can just show them your 6 pack and they will give you a silent acceptance right there on the spot.

Go workout so when you finally get interviews you can just show them your 6 pack and they will give you a silent acceptance right there on the spot.

Haha :thumbup:

Me: WTFR

Working.Toning.Fitting.Reading

In that exact order. :p

Go on a drive. When I have nothing to do ( which isn't often as most of us pre dents know) I like to take drives on back country roads and get a bit to eat. You could also go hiking, x-country running, have friends over for a game of cards.

Go on a drive. When I have nothing to do ( which isn't often as most of us pre dents know) I like to take drives on back country roads and get a bit to eat. You could also go hiking, x-country running, have friends over for a game of cards.

Driving requires gas bruh. I'm broke :smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad :)
Why are you still going on this website? Aren't you sick of it already? LOL

I'd probably never go on this site again if I get accepted :laugh:

I am just waiting for this NHSC scholarship to go through... So I check that thread like a billion times a day :laugh: BUT! As soon as I get the official congrats letter, I am officially OUTAHERE! Haha

I workout! Get fit! Do some running, cardio, core work, plyometrics, push-ups. It's all free and huge benefits! What else do ya got to Do? Haha.

I workout! Get fit! Do some running, cardio, core work, plyometrics, push-ups. It's all free and huge benefits! What else do ya got to Do? Haha.
The OP don't need to work out, have you seen his biceps?

Ooo, series bingeing

Oh yes! I've watched...

Grey's Anatomy (until it got stupid... I think up through season 5)
House
Weeds
Breaking Bad
Nip/tuck
Glee
The Tudors
The Vampire Diaries
True Blood
Game of Thrones

My parents have watched MANY more, though. They watch a netflix disc practically every night before going to bed.

I hear I need to start watching The Walking Dead. I'd also like to watch Dexter...

Oh yes! I've watched...

House
Weeds
Breaking Bad
Nip/tuck
Glee
The Tudors
The Vampire Diaries
True Blood
Game of Thrones

My parents have watched MANY more, though. They watch a netflix disc practically every night before going to bed.

I hear I need to start watching The Walking Dead. I'd also like to watch Dexter...

+1 to Walking Dead - I need to watch more of that too ;O

- I didn't know anyone else watched Nip/Tuck lol. My parents watched that show religiously

- GoT is awesome except for all the sexually explicit scenes and they kill off all my favorite characters. When I was reading book one, they beheaded *insert character name* and I was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :eek::eek::eek::eek::scared::scared::scared::(

- I wanna see Breaking Bad! Everyone says it's awesome but I've yet to see it

EDIT: Edited for spoiler control as requested by two thirty :p

Last edited:
+1 to Walking Dead - I need to watch more of that too ;O

- I didn't know anyone else watched Nip/Tuck lol. My parents watched that show religiously

- GoT is awesome except for all the sexually explicit scenes and they kill off all my favorite characters. When I was reading book one, they beheaded Ned Stark and I was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

- I wanna see Breaking Bad! Everyone says it's awesome but I've yet to see it

I watched Nip/Tuck for the heck of it because I remember wanting to watch it with my parents as a kid, but they wouldn't let me (and for good reason!). It was a TOTAL trainwreck and sometimes painful to watch, LOL! All of the episodes are on Netflix instant, so I watched them all two summers ago.

Breaking Bad really is awesome! I'm still waiting for them to upload the newest season on Netflix instant. My parents don't have the discs in their queue because they're in the midst of some other show. Meanies.

HBO shows are so explicit! My boyfriend and I are awful when watching them... You know how at the beginning, you get a little warning of all the "bad" things that are in the episode, such as explicit language, graphic violence, etc? We both always chant out, "NUDITY! NUDITY! NUDITY!" right before that screen comes on. On the very rare chance it isn't listed, we both joke we might as well not even bother watching that episode. :laugh: We're just kidding, though. Some of the stuff in True Blood is just downright awkward to watch... Actually, that show has gotten lamer and lamer, but oh well. It's something to watch on Sunday nights. :p

Everyone keeps dying in GoT! I love Tyrion and Daenerys. I hope one of them wins... even better if they team up. :D

Oh yes! I've watched...

House
Weeds
Breaking Bad
Nip/tuck
Glee
The Tudors
The Vampire Diaries
True Blood
Game of Thrones

New episodes of Breaking Bad in a week. Can't wait. And the first 8 episodes of season 5 go on Netflix tomorrow so you have a week to watch them before they air the last 8.

And NMC almost everyone has seen GoT at this point but edit that...that's a huge spoiler for S1.

I watched Nip/Tuck for the heck of it because I remember wanting to watch it with my parents as a kid, but they wouldn't let me (and for good reason!). It was a TOTAL trainwreck and sometimes painful to watch, LOL! All of the episodes are on Netflix instant, so I watched them all two summers ago.

Breaking Bad really is awesome! I'm still waiting for them to upload the newest season on Netflix instant. My parents don't have the discs in their queue because they're in the midst of some other show. Meanies.

HBO shows are so explicit! My boyfriend and I are awful when watching them... You know how at the beginning, you get a little warning of all the "bad" things that are in the episode, such as explicit language, graphic violence, etc? We both always chant out, "NUDITY! NUDITY! NUDITY!" right before that screen comes on. On the very rare chance it isn't listed, we both joke we might as well not even bother watching that episode. :laugh: We're just kidding, though. Some of the stuff in True Blood is just downright awkward to watch... Actually, that show has gotten lamer and lamer, but oh well. It's something to watch on Sunday nights. :p

Everyone keeps dying in GoT! I love Tyrion and Daenerys. I hope one of them wins... even better if they team up. :D

Omgosh lol, when GoT first came out, my grandma had just gotten DirecTV (she had bunny ears before) and she had HBO on it. I had no idea what GoT was, and it was Easter holiday. My cousin and I were sitting in the living room watching it and then all of a sudden *BOOM* Nudity! I kind of just looked over at him with this look on my face O_O and dove for the remote to change it ASAP.

So glad my grandma and the rest of the women in the family were in the kitchen and dining room at that point in time haha!

Y'all're in for a treat when taking gross.

Dude, there's only one thing you can do if you are home alone with a laptop :naughty:

If not,
1. Walk to the closest mall/plaza and hit up Forever 21 or something.
2. Holler at some fine broads, make sure the first thing you say tells her that you are going to be a dentist in less than 5 years ( automatic panty wetter ).
3. Get her number
4. Go to her place
5. Go on sdn... at her house

Hardcore calisthenics and HIIT exercises. Takes your mind completely off of SDN or basically anything other than trying to replenish my oxygen debt lol..

Dude, there's only one thing you can do if you are home alone with a laptop :naughty:

If not,
1. Walk to the closest mall/plaza and hit up Forever 21 or something.
2. Holler at some fine broads, make sure the first thing you say tells her that you are going to be a dentist in less than 5 years ( automatic panty wetter ).
3. Get her number
4. Go to her place
5. Go on sdn... at her house

Forever 21 is packed with 15 YO.:laugh:

Sell plasma. Make on average $20 an hour. If you add workouts, you can bulk up and up the amount you can donate to $25 a donation. Plus you can read, watch DVDs/blueray, study, and other things during your waiting time. Helps defer interview costs.

oh yes! I've watched...

Grey's anatomy (until it got stupid... I think up through season 5)
house
weeds
breaking bad
nip/tuck
glee
the tudors
the vampire diaries
true blood
game of thrones

my parents have watched many more, though. They watch a netflix disc practically every night before going to bed.

I hear i need to start watching the walking dead. I'd also like to watch dexter...

tvd! Tvd! :)

Oh yes! I've watched...

House
Weeds
Breaking Bad
Nip/tuck
Glee
The Tudors
The Vampire Diaries
True Blood
Game of Thrones

:thumbup:

Need to add..

Shameless
House of Lies
Californication

My (and potentially yours) to-do list:
1. Get down a list of books/movies I have been wanting to enjoy, and start tackling one each.
2. Meet up with old friends and catch up.
3. Work out.
4. Take naps.
5. Become a tutor and make money.
6. Do the dishes, try new cooking recipes, do the chores.
7. Practice singing/music.
8. Write a journal.

LOL at this entire thread; y'all are funnyyyy.

I'm taking a gap year, and I'm currently working, but I still have a huge amount of free time. So I'm going to do some semi-boring things that I thought I'd never do: garden some vegetables, try out Rosetta Stone, marathon Netflix while in my Snuggie and a carton of ice cream...

Glamorous life, I know.