what do you guys think about this score?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

GoldenSword

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
My friend took the 4/16 test and here's his score:

PS: 12
VR: 6
W: O
BS: 10
---------------
aggregate: 28 O

He's unsure whether to apply w/ this score or retake the test !
He's not a member of the forum yet, that's why I'm asking this for him.

any comments guys?

Members don't see this ad.

My friend took the 4/16 test and here's his score:

PS: 12
VR: 6
W: O
BS: 10
---------------
aggregate: 28 O

He's unsure whether to apply w/ this score or retake the test !
He's not a member of the forum yet, that's why I'm asking this for him.

any comments guys?

if he has any particular med schools in mind he shud call them or check on their websites and see their average accepted mcats. he cud also speak to a medschool advisor from any med schools he has in mind and see how this fairs. if hes still not confident, then he can just study verbal for a straight month, maybe brush up on bio weak areas, and take it again in june

A 6 in VR is usually too low....but depending on where he applies he may have a chance. I know someone who knew someone who had a 32 on the mcat...13 Phy, 13 Bio, and 6 Vr...and didn't get in anywhere b/c of the verbal score.... I'm kinda worried myself..my verbal range is very broad and I'm scoring between 9-11 in physical, 10-12 in bio..but my verbal is between 7-10...I can't keep it up there!!! Man i'm going to have to practice a lot within the next two weeks.....:scared: :scared:

if he has any particular med schools in mind he shud call them or check on their websites and see their average accepted mcats. he cud also speak to a medschool advisor from any med schools he has in mind and see how this fairs. if hes still not confident, then he can just study verbal for a straight month, maybe brush up on bio weak areas, and take it again in june

Yup if he feels confident in PS and BS section, than he should retake it! I dont think it would get worse than 6 on the VR anyways! But yes, above advice is perfect!

good luck! :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
Whats with all these 6s on here??? I got a 6 too what the hell!!!

Same for me...10P, 9B, 6V. That is by far the lowest I ever got on verbal all througout my practice tests. I think I will be retaking in June as well.