Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

What do you guys think about this?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by ejay286, May 16, 2008.

1. ejay286

ejay286 Member
    10+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    From Meharry's website:

"Letters of Recommendation: In order for your application to be complete, you must submit one (1) letter from your pre-professional advisor/Committee or three (3) letters from individuals (2 of which must be from individuals who can evaluate your performance in science coursework). Your application will not be considered complete until all letters of recommendation are received."

I'm gonna go with the second option of 3 letters of recommendation. I'm going to get 1 letter from a teacher of mine, 1 letter from my Student Government Advisor, and I planned on getting one from a physician I worked with. Would the physician be considered to be able to "evaluate your performance in science coursework."

2. nick_carraway

10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Only if he/she taught you in a class.

3. copingmethods

5+ Year Member

Medical Student
    No, I think it would have to be someone who taught a science class that you took.

4. nontrdgsbuiucmd

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I saw a similar request from a different school, and asked them to elaborate. At that school, they said the wording meant that they required letters from instructors from an academic setting who gave a letter grade and were not blood relatives. (not sure how they'd check that)

So I'd suggest you call Meharry and see, they may accept the letter from the physician, but may only do so if you request an exception. (for one school, my request for an exception took a month, and my application was marked "complete" effective the day that the exception was granted (after several phone calls from me) Assume nothing in this process!