SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

What do you guys think I should do.......

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by CVPA, Jun 16, 2001.

1. CVPA

CVPA Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Oct 7, 2000
    Florida
    Unfortunately, I threw out my back last week and was unable to complete my application. Just finished it last night.

The question is this: In lieu of the fact that I did NOT release my MCAT scores and they are now right around the corner, should I wait a couple more days til the scores come in and add it to the app., or should I just send now??

Chris

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Popoy

Popoy SDN Super Moderator 10+ Year Member

Apr 22, 2001
    Michigan
    I say wait for a couple of days.... you may just end up saving some dinero.... besides a couple of days won't hurt you, I think.... Just my two cents....

4. CVPA

CVPA Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Oct 7, 2000
    Florida
    I'm leaning that way, Popoy. I can't imagine waiting a few days will make any difference at this point. Thanks for your input.

Chris

5. Aloha Kid

Aloha Kid Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Mar 9, 2001
    Definitely wait. You'll get your scores and that will allow you to see what medical schools are in your range and which ones are not. It'll save you $ in the application process.

The second thing it does is it will bring you confidence if you do good. You'll have a better overall picture of yourself. If you don't do so hot, then you'll also have time to prepare and write about yourself in a way that sort of emphasizes your strengths and not your weaknesses.

For example, an English major who boasts his superior writing skills and the oogglleess and oogglleess of books he reads when writing his AACOMAS essay would definitely want to wait to be sure he scores at least a 12 and above on the MCAT.

The overall picture of an applicant just has to match up. Wait a couple of days and get a feel for where your scores are at.