What do you guys think of franchised hearing clinics?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SufjanS

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just curious on what some other people think of these chain clinics (HearUSA). I went to observe at one and I'm not sure I'd want to work there. A hospital setting or private practice seems much more up my alley. It didn't seem very personal there. It just put a bad taste in my mouth. Maybe it was just the clinic I went to though.

Members don't see this ad.

give you a simple answer: They Suck!

Bah, the medical setting is loading with pompous jerks whose sole mission in life is to be viewed with equal esteem as a physician. I enjoy the setting because of the amount of knowledge you acquire with the business stuff aside, but the arrogance present can wear thin. I was given negative feedback for "using humor in the clinic".

Members don't see this ad :)
They are the worst!!! I don't know how this company is still standing. Their goal is MORE $$$$ and do not give a **** about their employees and costumers.

Bah, the medical setting is loading with pompous jerks whose sole mission in life is to be viewed with equal esteem as a physician. I enjoy the setting because of the amount of knowledge you acquire with the business stuff aside, but the arrogance present can wear thin. I was given negative feedback for "using humor in the clinic".

I agree with you. I think the audiologists intentions were good, but the fact that it was a big business just made me uncomfortable. It really seemed unprofessional. I'm not saying we shouldn't be using humor though. I'd be the first to use humor in the clinic. I find it really helps the client relax and loosen up a little bit.

I'm not saying we shouldn't be using humor though. I'd be the first to use humor in the clinic. I find it really helps the client relax and loosen up a little bit.

I agree.

Just watch Patch Adams or read his book. Humor is an awesome thing.