What do you guys think of NOVA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vmaggio

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I live in florida, and I want to hear what everyone thinks of Nova. (especially if you have visited or are a student there)

Thanks =)

Members don't see this ad.

there have been a lot of threads about nova just since i've been on here, which hasn't been very long. Try to search and you should get plenty of info.

There are a lot of threads about a lot of schools. I used to tell people to search, but now I just ignore or answer whatever I please.

I visited Nova and interviewed there. It is a good school, though the recent news about the school does sound bad. There are bad things about every school though...mine included. What I didn't like about Nova was that I knew I was the type of person who would want to cut class on really nice days and spend weekends doing other stuff besides studying, so i knew going to a place with amazing (though humid) weather and great outdoor activities probably wasn't a great idea. I also have a hard time studying when I'm in sweltering weather.

As for the school. I felt the main complaints among the studnts were how hard it was to get chair time when you needed it. I remember at my interview and at my visit prior to that, that the students mentioned this as being a problem...and if it is true that they have now increased the class size without yet increasing chairs in clinic...that could exacerbate the problem even worse.

I did love the people. The weekend I visited we were invited out by one of the dental frats to go to a club and party. The students were all very nice and the patients seemed to come from a very wide background and seemed to really enjoy coming to the school.

Also, It's kinda nice to have other health professionals in the same complex. A nursing school...very nice if you're a guy. I mean, you really do want to avoid dating someone in the same class as you in dental school and even people in other classes...that can still be a pain, but someone who is just at the same school but totally not in the same professional school. That's nice to have as an option. We don't have that at Pacific...so it looks like we'll just have to deal with the drama.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just interviewed at Nova, yet a part of the UoP class of 2010?