SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

What do you guys think?????

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Fernj75, Mar 11, 2002.

1. Fernj75

Fernj75 Member 7+ Year Member

Jun 17, 2001
    Queens, NY
    Well I am extremely distraught since my number one school, Albert Einstein College of Medicine, rejected me for the second time after interviewing me (last year and now this year). I felt as if they toyed with me, since I improved on the area they considered my weakness (a 7 on the Physical science section which I eventually improved considerably) and requested a letter of good standing from my undergraduate school which they received. After being interviewed I felt very confident since it went well and I had done everything they had asked me to and I have competitive stats for their school. Only to get my heart ripped apart this week (I even considered appealing the rejection). Anyway, at least I can take solace in the fact I?ve been accepted to Meharry Medical College in Tennessee (no I?m not African American), but this will cause friction between me and my fianc?e since we will be separated for two years while she completes her duties for NYU Graduate School. Now for my ray of hope, today I received an E-mail from Mount Sinai inviting me to an interview on April the 25th. Is this just an interview for a waitlist position or do I actually have a chance to score a direct hit and gain an acceptance? This has given me hope of staying in NYC however, I am interviewing on the last week Mount Sinai is interviewing (ouch!). So what do you guys think? :confused:
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. mpp

mpp SDN Moderator Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Jan 17, 2001
    Portland, OR
    I don't think any school interviews just for fun. Because they are interiewing you means they are interested in you. Although you might get waitlisted you may get off that waitlist.

Congratulations and Good luck...
  4. liesie59

liesie59 Member 7+ Year Member

Feb 7, 2002
    I think everyone would agree that a school wouldn't interview you unless you were someone they have interest in. I've always heard that an interview means that you are acceptable on paper. Now you have another chance to show them why you should be a student at their school. Good luck with your interview! :)
  5. altaskier

altaskier Altaholics Anonymous 92' 7+ Year Member

Nov 12, 2001
    I don't know about Sinai, but I agree with everyone schools don't interview you just to interview you. When you recieve an interview, it means that you got more than a legitmate shot at it. Let your interview know about your situation with your wife. But...let them know real subtly. Maybe you can do this when they ask you "Why Sinai" and kind of slip it in there.

Best of Luck