What do you guys think?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr2010

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This may sound trollish, but i was wondering on all of your opinions about and Imrpovement in GPA and how adcoms view that. Conversely how have any of you explained a bad grade, say for instance in a math series I got A-, A, and C the C being in the last class of the series. I also got a C in the first physics and a B- in the first bio that same quarter, but this following quarter i did much better. Thoughts? opinions?

Members don't see this ad.

Dr2010 said:
This may sound trollish, but i was wondering on all of your opinions about and Imrpovement in GPA and how adcoms view that. Conversely how have any of you explained a bad grade, say for instance in a math series I got A-, A, and C the C being in the last class of the series. I also got a C in the first physics and a B- in the first bio that same quarter, but this following quarter i did much better. Thoughts? opinions?

everyone says that it's fine as long as you show a trend of improvement. doesn't really matter what happened in the past as you can't change it. just focus on the present and future in what you can do. im sure things will be ok. from the responses ive read on other forums, many people just put in a line or two explaining their grades and only if its a legit reason. good luck!

Yes an improving GPA does make a difference to adcoms...they understand some students did not do as well as they would have liked in some classes, but an upward trend in your GPA is def a plus and will make a difference

I had a few C's, one was in physics. I was never asked about them in any interviews.