What do you guys think?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gildas

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Check this out! http://www.aamc.org/newsroom/pressrel/2007/070207.htm
Is it just me or he really lost it? He is willing to spent billions of $$ on a war without a reasonable cause but not on medical education and patient care.
wtf

Members don't see this ad.

Wow, that's pretty terrible. And I didn't things could get any worse after watching Grey's.

Members don't see this ad :)
How many people here have been pissed off by Bush? Ive never really been upset by anyone, but its ridiculous how Bush can upset me like I know him in person. US budget is in the crapper.

Sheesh, cutting Medicare funds and NIH funding and National Health Services Corps funding?!

Ah well. Who cares about old people, new treatments, and putting docs in poor/underserved areas anyway? :mad:

How many people here have been pissed off by Bush? Ive never really been upset by anyone, but its ridiculous how Bush can upset me like I know him in person. US budget is in the crapper.
I started off a huge Bush supporter (fellow Texan) and supported the war (still do). But the way he's doing things lately is REALLY TERRIBLE.

And to think Clinton could possibly get in office in 08.. shoot me now.

bush is a disgrace to Republicans

This president is truly a disgrace and congress should start impeachment proceedings. He is horrible:mad:

I started off a huge Bush supporter (fellow Texan) and supported the war (still do). But the way he's doing things lately is REALLY TERRIBLE.

And to think Clinton could possibly get in office in 08.. shoot me now.
I'm with you, except about Hillary (she would need a very moderate Dem as VP if she wants her ticket to win any of the states Kerry lost).

I had hoped that the mid-term elections would have woken up the Repubs, but now it's all about just winning elections on both sides, as opposed to formulating an ideology and sticking to it, and listening to your constituants.

Hmm, let's see how quickly we can get this moved to the sociopolitical forum?:D

I hate to say this, but he did win the election... twice. That's not to say I am a Bush supporter. I think he does a terrible job. :scared: But I do think that it's important to keep that fact in mind.

Check this out! http://www.aamc.org/newsroom/pressrel/2007/070207.htm
Is it just me or he really lost it? He is willing to spent billions of $$ on a war without a reasonable cause but not on medical education and patient care.
wtf

I also think that it is unfortunate about these cuts that Bush's administration has proposed, but "a war without reasonable cause"?! 14 out of the 15 intelligence agencies (not just US-based ones either) that the US uses for its intelligence said that Iraq had WMD. I personally think it would have been irresponsible for Bush not to do anything about Iraq considering they were obviously not cooperating by any diplomatic means. Hindsight is always 20/20, so with how bad the war has turned out thus far it is very easy for people to trash the decision to go to war in Iraq. Try to pay attention to something other than just the New York Times/CNN.

I'll be the first to predict a flame war :laugh:

I like and respect President Bush. I think that many of you have an over-simplified view of politics and react on a visceral level to things that you don't really understand.

I also think that it is unfortunate about these cuts that Bush's administration has proposed, but "a war without reasonable cause"?! 14 out of the 15 intelligence agencies (not just US-based ones either) that the US uses for its intelligence said that Iraq had WMD. I personally think it would have been irresponsible for Bush not to do anything about Iraq considering they were obviously not cooperating by any diplomatic means. Hindsight is always 20/20, so with how bad the war has turned out thus far it is very easy for people to trash the decision to go to war in Iraq. Try to pay attention to something other than just the New York Times/CNN.

I'll be the first to predict a flame war :laugh:

No they didn't find any WMDs, but they did find the plants/factories, tools and chemicals needed to make chemical weapons. The weapons were just not assembled. I do agree that Bush and his administration royally screwed this war up; however, I do believe it was justified with the information that they had. With so many other countries' intelligence agencies receiving the same information, how could you blame Bush? Clinton bombed a pharmaceutical plant with bad intelligence too.