What do you guys think?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CanAmPremed

CAD > USD - It's true :D
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I just wanted to get your opinions on what are my chances:

My overall GPA is around 3.6/3.7 with a science of 3.4/3.5.

I took the MCAT the first time last year with a 22N (7VR 8BS 8PS) and just took the June Mcat and got a 30N (8VR 11BS 11PS).

Clinical Experience: I have 6 months of shadowing with one family physician. A one day experience in a long term health facility with the same doc and a clinical experience (also one day) in a busy pediatric hospital in Baghdad Iraq.

Non Clinical: I have tons of community involvement and only a couple of clubs at school...one of which I was VP.

Research: Absolutely None

I'm not aiming for Ivey league schools or anything. But my choices are:

-University of Buffalo (SUNY)
-Wayne State
-NYMC
-RFU
-UIC
-Mich. State

-NSUCOM
-CCOM

I know my overall is decent enough but I'm kind of worried about my 8 on verbal and N (no improvement since first take) on my WS.

But do you guys think I stand at least a good chance at getting an interview at these schools? Also which other schools would you guys recommend based on my stats?

I appreciate any help anyone can provide and thank them in advance.

Cheers

Members don't see this ad.

Schools don't care much about the writing section.

Also, you did improve on verbal, just not much. You will be asked about your weak verbal score in interviews, etc, but as long as you address it well you'll do fine. You might wanna add some more schools to that list...get up to a total of 12 or so.

You'll do fine, but it may take you more than just one application cycle...just continue to do things to improve your app until you have an acceptance letter in your hand in the event you have to reapply in a later cycle.

What state are you a resident of...or are you a Canadian Premed as the name would entail?

No I am American but my perm. res is in the prov. of Ontario

Members don't see this ad :)
You'll be fine. Apply early!!! Good luck.

I'll tell you what I think. I think you've got a pretty solid application. Your Baghdad experience is very unique. Get that baby into AMCAS soon.

I also think your avatar is awesome.