What do you like most about your school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

crieka

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
By this, I mean special events that your like or anything about the school that you like that allow you to become at ease beside the academic arean. For me, WesternU has a small and friendly environment and you can get to know people well.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm starting at Touro-NV in 4 weeks.. Roger Corbman the director of admissions is awesome there! He is really supportive of us.... I also like the fact that it is in Las Vegas so airfare is cheap to and from and family always wants to visit! Oh and the actual city that the school is in (Henderson) has a very low crime rate

Keep the thread rolling guys and gals.
tucomnvms1 said:
I'm starting at Touro-NV in 4 weeks.. Roger Corbman the director of admissions is awesome there! He is really supportive of us.... I also like the fact that it is in Las Vegas so airfare is cheap to and from and family always wants to visit! Oh and the actual city that the school is in (Henderson) has a very low crime rate

Members don't see this ad :)
*The friendliness of the student body
*The low crime rate of the town
*PBL
*the beautiful campus
*i'm sure i'll have more once school starts

They have 3 selection criteria for choosing students: traditional grades and scores....medical experience...and ANTRUISM

This says a lot about the student body and the environment was totally different than any other school (I later learned that this is a more osteopathic feel) I've ever interviewed or been to (all MD schools).

I'm turning down one of the cheapest med schools in the country (LSU-1st choice until I interviewed at Touro) to go to the most expensive (highest dept actually) Touro. This hurts but no regrets.

I too start in August.

PhDtoDO

ShyRem said:
Not familiar with "antruism". Definition?

I believe that Altruism was meant.

There are some hot girls during my tour.

1. Very friendly school: each incoming class is more like a family
2. Ohio's CORE network of hospitals
3. They accepted me!!!

What if you dont currently like anything about your school?

Actually I called another school and asked about transfers. They said either retake your first year or wait until your third year. Damn.