What do you need to get before pharmacy school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dana92085

**dana adell**
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i think that i am going to get a palm pilot and a real tv (not the 13" ten year old one i have right now!). i am so excited about starting pharm school!!

Members don't see this ad.

dana92085 said:
i think that i am going to get a palm pilot and a real tv (not the 13" ten year old one i have right now!). i am so excited about starting pharm school!!

Don't tempt yourself with the tv.

dana92085 said:

I would wait with the PDA unless your school requires it. You don't really need them until rotations.

Members don't see this ad :)
KARM12 said:
I would wait with the PDA unless your school requires it. You don't really need them until rotations.

True. It's a nice tool but not something even remotely required for the first couple of years. I'd wait so you don't wind up with an outdated one.

I need clothes! All I've worn for the past 3 years is my pharm. tech uniform, gym/scrubbin clothes, and a suit for interviews! hahaha :laugh:
New clothes are so fun!
I'd also love a new TV but my boyfriend and I will probably hold out as long as we can stand it. Unfortunately, our old one is working fine... :smuggrin:

You don't NEED anything unless your school tells you to get something. IMO - a new TV is not NEEDED. That doesn't mean you don't want it....but, you may not get too much time to watch it. A Palm - well....I'm not sure how useful that would be in the first year & the technology changes so fast, you might want to wait.

IMO - its great you are so excited about starting your career! Now...relax, take some time to have fun!!! Spend your money on memories you won't have time to make later. You are only this age once! Enjoy every minute of the free & enencumbered time you have available!

sdn1977 said:
IMO - its great you are so excited about starting your career! Now...relax, take some time to have fun!!! Spend your money on memories you won't have time to make later. You are only this age once! Enjoy every minute of the free & enencumbered time you have available!

excuse sdn1977...

she's really long winded sometimes...

in short, you need to get laid

Caverject said:
excuse sdn1977...

she's really long winded sometimes...

in short, you need to get laid

Well.....yeah...that too!!! :D

I was trying to be polite!!!

But...IMO...thats always better than watching TV :)

And...no....I don't talk so much then...........

sdn1977 said:
Well.....yeah...that too!!! :D

I was trying to be polite!!!

But...IMO...thats always better than watching TV :)

And...no....I don't talk so much then...........

sdn, please don't feel the need to apologize because someone else is overcritical and intolerant. You are one of the best resources on here! Your politeness is always appreciated :)

pharmforme said:
sdn, please don't feel the need to apologize because someone else is overcritical and intolerant. You are one of the best resources on here! Your politeness is always appreciated :)

Oh my! I wasn't apologizing - I was agreeing!!! Caverject said exactly what I was thinking (...and can I confess doing myself before pharmacy school :eek: ). Altho...we did throw in some sun, beach & drinking too - I'm in CA after all! Caverject & I may use different words, but our meaning is clear - at least to each other :laugh: .

I would also hold off on getting the PDA at least for a year or two unless you know you are going to need it. I got one my first year and it's already outdated. I probably should have just waited and got it my 3rd/4th year so that it would be more advanced.

good advice on the PDA--i think that i am going to wait!

and there are a lot better things out there than watching TV--thanks for naming one!! :D

dana92085 said:
good advice on the PDA--i think that i am going to wait!

and there are a lot better things out there than watching TV--thanks for naming one!! :D

I'm going to get a laptop and some professional looking clothes. And getting some vacations this summer.