What do you regret the most?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
random questions, but is 5'8 135 pound like a really good body? i can't see that in my head..trying to figure out if thats like god weight/height

answer this please? Now I'm just curious?

Members don't see this ad.

Taking so many science classes and not doing so well in them during my soph year. I spent the entire year wondering if I really wanted to make such big of a commitment (career in med). I thought to myself-what was the point of trying to ace my physics or cell bio exam if I'm not going to do anything science-related anyway? I ended up studying the day before many of my exams. Luckily, I ended up passing the exams and the courses.

My brother will start college soon and I will be sure to let him know that regardless of whatever he wants to pursue, good grades can only help--and to not lose sight of that mentality if he ever doubts himself.

Members don't see this ad :)
Haha good question OP--

1. I wish I went to a private university. I feel this would have been more suitable to my intellectual pursuits.

2. I wish I found better mentors. I had no mentors who recognized me because the classes were just so darn big. Currently in grad school and I already have professors recognizing me. Approached one to be my official mentor and she's already throwing positions at me.

3. I wish I would have joined more organizations earlier on. I joined a religious organization my junior year and it was great--met some lifelong friends and learned a lot--not only about the religion but about myself.

List goes on and on.

My biggest regret is that I studied biology. I knew freshman year that I didn't like biology, but I was still committed to the pre-med path. Sophomore year was physics and orgo, so I didn't have to come back to bio classes until junior year.

And I just don't enjoy biology or memorizing things. Sometimes it honestly makes me question why I still want to go into medicine.

And not studying a language.

Instead of studying abroad, I did an internship abroad this summer and it has been AMAZING.
I am in Paris right now and got to travel to: London, Copenhagen, Brussels, and Rome. If you are a freshman, GO ABROAD! This is probably the cheapest time in your life that it is going to be possible and it is wonderful.

Mine's easy-wish I hadn't spent all my time in the bedroom instead of the classroom. Yeah, it was fun as hell, but it also lead to a 19 year break and a massive amount of GPA repair to do.

My regret is that I didn't start reading comic books until recently. Didn't realize what I've been missing out for so long!

I regret my freshman year in terms of GPA and I wish I did an internship this summer

My biggest regret is that I studied biology. I knew freshman year that I didn't like biology, but I was still committed to the pre-med path. Sophomore year was physics and orgo, so I didn't have to come back to bio classes until junior year.

And I just don't enjoy biology or memorizing things. Sometimes it honestly makes me question why I still want to go into medicine.

And not studying a language.

Instead of studying abroad, I did an internship abroad this summer and it has been AMAZING.
I am in Paris right now and got to travel to: London, Copenhagen, Brussels, and Rome. If you are a freshman, GO ABROAD! This is probably the cheapest time in your life that it is going to be possible and it is wonderful.

No your biggest regret is that you made a dumb decision to drop a ****load of money on undergrad to study for a profession that hands out drugs like candy with no reasoning required. Like I said, your job will be worth about 20k at most.

No your biggest regret is that you made a dumb decision to drop a ****load of money on undergrad to study for a profession that hands out drugs like candy with no reasoning required. Like I said, your job will be worth about 20k at most.

:confused:

What is your problem? Dbate doesn't even pay tuition where he is, and you just seem bitter.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile

What is your problem? Dbate doesn't even pay tuition where he is, and you just seem bitter.

Actually I feel sorry for him. He wanted to be a doctor his whole life, but it is obvious that he never really knew what he was getting into. Now that he has to take a year off to reconsider his life, all of a sudden his posts on SDN are about how doctors are overrated, dont make a difference, dont make enough $$$, are easily replaced, etc.

It's funny how that aspect never came out of his posts until AFTER he started having problems in undergrad. Up until that point, he never mentioned it.

I dont care if he went to Yale and got a full ride and they paid him an extra 50k per year stipend, I wouldnt choose to be in his shoes right now. And I say that knowing that there's a good chance he'll get accepted to multiple medical schools with scholarship offers.

Socrates is cross-replying to Dbate's denouncement of physicians and praise of big pharm consulting in the "fat paycheck" thread.