what do you say when you call admissions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amathew

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I've been waiting around for about 2 months after some of my secondary submissions and I've called all of them and I know I am complete at all of them (even LECOM-Erie which says I am deficient in a couple of my pre-reqs due to a grade of C-). But I want to call and check in just to see if they've actually looked at my application and reviewed/rejected/thrown it in a pile. But how do I go about asking them that question? Seems like everytime I call to find out, I get the standard response of "you're complete, we haven't reviewed your application yet". Which is strange because I see people who have submitted their applications way after I did to some of these schools who got their interviews and aceptances. Is there anything I could do to get additional information from the scrooges of admissions committee without sounding exasperated/desperate?

Members don't see this ad.

So I've been waiting around for about 2 months after some of my secondary submissions and I've called all of them and I know I am complete at all of them (even LECOM-Erie which says I am deficient in a couple of my pre-reqs due to a grade of C-). But I want to call and check in just to see if they've actually looked at my application and reviewed/rejected/thrown it in a pile. But how do I go about asking them that question? Seems like everytime I call to find out, I get the standard response of "you're complete, we haven't reviewed your application yet". Which is strange because I see people who have submitted their applications way after I did to some of these schools who got their interviews and aceptances. Is there anything I could do to get additional information from the scrooges of admissions committee without sounding exasperated/desperate?

I have emailed schools. I just tell them I want to know if they had the opportunity to review my application and that I am still interested in their school. I did this at PCSOM and they sent me back an invitation to interview, so you never know. You could send official letters of interest as well. I hope something works out for you. I know you are probably freaking out by now. Think of it this way, they haven't rejected you yet and no news is good news. If you really had no shot, you would have gotten at least some rejections at this point. Good luck!:luck:

thanks docmom! but some of these schools are REALLY bad with emailing back (I speak from experience) *sigh*

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks docmom! but some of these schools are REALLY bad with emailing back (I speak from experience) *sigh*

:( Well then you can call them. I just think it is easier to send an email because then you can think about what you say and word it properly. I wouldn't contact them too often, but enough to let them know you are still interested. I think at this point I would go ahead and send letters of interest to the schools. That way they know you are still around and maybe they will take a second look. If there is a top choice, you can send a letter of intent to them. Good luck!

Try what doctormom says and if that fails, I'll make a phone call to Maxi and Tony. They are listed in yellowpages as magicians, notorious for "making people disappear".

Yo Protease:

I love those pics of Dictator Hussein!!! He is completely C-razy!!!!

Try what doctormom says and if that fails, I'll make a phone call to Maxi and Tony. They are listed in yellowpages as magicians, notorious for "making people disappear".

HAHAHA thanks I'll keep that in mind :laugh: