Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

what do you say...

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by tautomer, Mar 16, 2004.

1. tautomer

7+ Year Member

What do you say to people who hate science who want to become a doctor? My friend can't stand any science, hates studying for it, and pulls off average grades.

Since he's really good at math, he's gonna drop his bio major, stop taking science courses, and major in math to bring up his BCPM hoping his math courses will make him more competitive.

He's hoping he'll "become to enjoy science before he gets accepted." I say "IF he gets accepted."

Do any of you NOT enjoy the sciences but want to be docs?

2. fullefect1

fullefect1 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I don't really like sciences compared to other things in this world, but I don't believe that I will ever do bad in these classes (hopefully). But even if I hated the sciences, I do not believe it would ever stop me from my dream of becoming a Doctor.

I just don't know about your friend's plan to start enjoying science right before he enters med school. I doubt that will happen.

3. crazy250

crazy250 Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

I don't enjoy anything but I still want to be a doc.

4. DrMom

DrMom Official Mom of SDN
    Physician Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician

This doesn't concern me as much as the people who can barely pass science courses & insist they can do well in med school.