tautomer

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 11, 2003
Visit site
Status
What do you say to people who hate science who want to become a doctor? My friend can't stand any science, hates studying for it, and pulls off average grades.

Since he's really good at math, he's gonna drop his bio major, stop taking science courses, and major in math to bring up his BCPM hoping his math courses will make him more competitive.

He's hoping he'll "become to enjoy science before he gets accepted." I say "IF he gets accepted."

Do any of you NOT enjoy the sciences but want to be docs?

fullefect1

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 23, 2003
Mass
Status
I don't really like sciences compared to other things in this world, but I don't believe that I will ever do bad in these classes (hopefully). But even if I hated the sciences, I do not believe it would ever stop me from my dream of becoming a Doctor.

I just don't know about your friend's plan to start enjoying science right before he enters med school. I doubt that will happen.

DrMom

Official Mom of SDN
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2002
wherever I go, there I am
Status
Attending Physician
Originally posted by tautomer
What do you say to people who hate science who want to become a doctor? My friend can't stand any science, hates studying for it, and pulls off average grades.

Since he's really good at math, he's gonna drop his bio major, stop taking science courses, and major in math to bring up his BCPM hoping his math courses will make him more competitive.

He's hoping he'll "become to enjoy science before he gets accepted." I say "IF he gets accepted."

Do any of you NOT enjoy the sciences but want to be docs?

This doesn't concern me as much as the people who can barely pass science courses & insist they can do well in med school.