What do you see when you look at this GasWork listing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Iso4ane

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Listing in question ... GasWork.com - Reference #12

I heard the saying if the job is really good they probably wouldn't need to advertise. But, Tucson is a little out of the way (as compared to say Denver or Portland or even Phoenix), and I have close ties to Tucson and I have some interest in going back. I may be a little biased, so I was hoping you guys could read in between the lines for me.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I talked with the group. They seemed solid to me. The application process for them is a little more lengthy. With 80 anesthesiologists they have to constantly recruit and hire because every year they lose somebody to retirement. I have a friend who took a job at another practice in town and said both were solid--he had personal ties to the other practice though.

Surprisingly open and appears transparent for a public gasworks post. It’s a pretty large group so shouldn’t be hard to track down people who comment on them.

Members don't see this ad :)
I wonder if the group offer a 8 months on / 4 months off track so that new hires don't have to live in southern Arizona during the months of May, June, July, and August.

Reactions: 1 users
I wonder if the group offer a 8 months on / 4 months off track so that new hires don't have to live in southern Arizona during the months of May, June, July, and August.

Or 6/6 so they can skip April-September. Global warming.

That'd be nice, go do locums in the midwest where I trained. Then again, I just got to make it to the hospital and cool ORs and I'll be fine.

Speaking of gaswork job postings, anyone has any experience or knows anyone working at Carilion Clinic in Roanoke, VA. I've been looking at this job posting from this PP group (Anesthesiology Consultants of Virginia, Inc)
for a while and debating if I should move back closer to home.

Speaking of gaswork job postings, anyone has any experience or knows anyone working at Carilion Clinic in Roanoke, VA. I've been looking at this job posting from this PP group (Anesthesiology Consultants of Virginia, Inc)

Friend of mine interviewed at that group a couple of years ago, really liked the group and their setup. When he interviewed he came back glowing about the place. He was from Richmond, though, so took a job there instead.

Very solid group as far as I know.

This might be a little late, but I did some Anesthesia there as a med student. Really solid. Seems very fair pay-wise from what little discussion I had with them about it. Will definitely be looking to see if there are any openings there when I graduate as wife has family in the area and we both love it there.

Also rotated with the other group at Lewis Gale as well. Can give you maybe a little more info if you PM me about either.

This might be a little late, but I did some Anesthesia there as a med student. Really solid. Seems very fair pay-wise from what little discussion I had with them about it. Will definitely be looking to see if there are any openings there when I graduate as wife has family in the area and we both love it there.

Also rotated with the other group at Lewis Gale as well. Can give you maybe a little more info if you PM me about either.

Pretty sure we went to the same school, based on the above.

like everyone has said, it is a very nice practice situation. the people are some of the nicest, most genuine people you will ever meet.