1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

What do you think about it?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Ema, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Ema

Ema Biti ili ne biti?
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    In LOR: Among all the positive things written, mention low gpa in begining of schooling and then significant improvement and give the example of the improvement as well as the reason for slow begining? What do you think about it, is it ok to find this in lor?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. DrFeelgoodMD

DrFeelgoodMD below is a TRUE avatar...
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    Well, I am not completely sure I understand your quesiton fully...but if you want to know whether or not it is common practice to find your gpa trends mentioned in a LOR, then the answer is yes. Pre-med committees/advisors write letters to med schools and they take as much as they can into consideration when writing them. If you did poorly a year they will mention it, but if you have shown significant improvement they will probably put more emphasis on that. Most LORs will only help you, I doubt those who write them will try and screw you over....but I could be wrong.

J

4. Ema

Ema Biti ili ne biti?
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Yes thats what I was asking. "He" wrote an awesome letter and mentioned that I had a low GPA first semester, gave good reason/s for it and went and talked about great things, how My GPA is good now, and how I tried extra hard blabla....its good letter, the only thing I was wondering if it was oK to mention GPA. The letter is great. Thanks for relpy.