What do you think about this!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

prowd2beloud147

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!!
I'm applying to everything this year: MD, DO, and Post-Bac's (especially those with linkage) and was looking for some of you opinions!

For my osteopathic application I was wondering if you think I should apply now (with a gpa of 2.8) or wait until the end of December (where my gpa will be a 3.2)!

I feel as if most people will say now, because by December a lot of seats will be filled, but I would still like to hear your opinions!

Thank YOU!

Members don't see this ad.

You can update your AACOMAS but idk if you'll get screened before hand.

Members don't see this ad :)
I would highly recommend waiting until next year. A 2.8 will get you automatically rejected no questions asked, no one reading your app at most DO schools and December is too late to apply. If your osteo app is 2.8 save your money and forgo MD apps. You may get an acceptance to a DO school, but it is highly unlikely. Work on your grades a d you will be in a decent position next year.

Hey everyone!!
I'm applying to everything this year: MD, DO, and Post-Bac's (especially those with linkage) and was looking for some of you opinions!

For my osteopathic application I was wondering if you think I should apply now (with a gpa of 2.8) or wait until the end of December (where my gpa will be a 3.2)!

I feel as if most people will say now, because by December a lot of seats will be filled, but I would still like to hear your opinions!

Thank YOU!
Is it possible you could raise both your AACOMAS cGPA and sGPA over a 3.0 by the end of the summer through the grade replacement policy? How high an MCAT score do you reasonably feel you might get?

AACOMAS grade forgiveness policy: Each class that one retakes must have the same credit hours as the original course, or greater. The retake need not be at the same school. The course name needn't be identical so long as the course content is demonstrably similar per the course catalogs.

When one retakes, only the most recent grade is included in the calculation of your application GPA by AACOMAS. This is the fastest way to redeem a low GPA.

DO GPA calculation spreadsheet: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=450050
Newer modified version: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=839864

AMCAS BCPM GPA varies from AACOMAS sGPA, and includes (scroll to bottom half): http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=552026

Waste of your time and money to apply now. Do not engage in magic thinking and believe that somehow you'll get an interview with a 2.8 GPA; you won't.

You'll be OK if you apply once your fall grades are in.

Hey everyone!!

Thank YOU!

Hey everyone!!

Thank YOU!
You will get auto rejections with 2.8 GPA...Wait for a 3.0 s/cGPA