What do you think about University of Illinois at Chicago

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SoCalM0

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello. I will be interviewing at UIC in a couple of weeks, and was wondering if anyone had any opinions about the school. Also, if anyone has interviewed there, do they have the name of a good hotel close by. :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

HI SoCalMO,
I will attending UIC this fall, and you can IM me with specific questions. The interview is very standard, I had two interviewers (1 faculty/administrator and 1 M3 student). They mostly asked about experiences and wanted me to elaborate on aspects of my personal statement. I may have had 1 or 2 ethical questions thrown in but overall it is NOT a stress interview. Just relax and you'll be fine. I am one of the big proponents of the school on SDN. Many people complain about excessive administrative red tape, traditional curriculum, however, UIC has so many invaluable opportunities to offer and excellent clinical exposure, being affiliated with some excellent teaching hospitals in the heart of Chicago's medical district (Cook County/West Side VA/ UI Med Center etc...). If you are in-state the tuition is so much more manageable than other Chicago and out-of-state private institutions. In the end, you need to figure out what kind of school fits your needs if you have the choice. UIC is a great fit for my ambitions (and bank account!) but it may not be for you. Enjoy your interview day and good luck! Send me a private message if you have any other specific questions. :)

ive heard a few ppl bad mouth UIC as slummy and ghetto.

while id rather go to loyola, its SOOOO much cheaper

what do you say to ppl like that?