What do you think abt TPR verbal strategy?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CW 2010

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering what do you, guys, think about TPR Verbal Reasoning book (on of the 5 hyperlearning books)? The book describes question types and all kinds of strategies on how analyze a passage. I do have TPR Verbal Workbook, as well, which I plan on using after I go through this one.
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Some of their ideas are ok. However, stay away from their passage ordering stuff. (Again most of their strategies may be solid, just avoid the whole passage ordering stuff.) Taking the time to order passage is a total waste of precious time. Focus more on reading for the "Main Idea and Author's Opinion and Tone." While keeping a mental note of where in the passage stuff are mentioned. Having said that, TPR verbal workbook, which you also have, is by far one of the best verbal resource. Make sure you do all the passages and extensive post game analysis. Good luck.

ehhh...I never really paid attention to their strategy but the book you're talking about is decent since they do have some practice problems that are pretty difficult IMO.