What do you think is easiest science major is...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

One Fly Guy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
That has a good amount of course that go towards your sGPA?

Members don't see this ad.

Biology

Nothing but memorization.
I wouldn't say that. It depends on the university you go to. Where I go, none of the exams test any memorization. It tests problem solving and being able to connect a bunch of different things into thing. I do admit that biology is probably easier than physics or chemistry, but it does depend on the person.

Depends.
If you like to memorize and then forget a bunch of interesting things about life, then Bio.
If you like to do math and are interested in nuclear energy, electric energy, thermodynamics, and other quantitative aspects of the world then do physics.
If you like to write, think in abstract ways, and think about the logic behind numbers then do math.
If you're into cooking and have a work ethic of a samurai then do chemistry.

Members don't see this ad :)
Depends.
If you like to memorize and then forget a bunch of interesting things about life, then Bio.
If you like to do math and are interested in nuclear energy, electric energy, thermodynamics, and other quantitative aspects of the world then do physics.
If you like to write, think in abstract ways, and think about the logic behind numbers then do math.
:laugh:

Depends.

Woot I'm similar to a samurai!

Depends.

I don't think liking math and being interested in all that quantitative stuff will necessarily make physics easier for you. There are many classes in physics where you literally have a problem set of two problems and you have no hope of solving it unless you team up with a group and even then it takes hours and hours. It's really common to put a crap-ton of effort into physics and end up with a terrible grade. This isn't something I've seen in the other sciences (especially for students that enjoy it). Usually in biology if you put a ton of effort into it, you're at least going to get a B.

Whichever you like. I would say biology but that is because biology in general fascinates me. I think business majors would be crazy hard because I just don't find anyhing interesting in the material.

I think it completely depends on where you go to school. It's impossible to compare majors and difficulties across schools.
Bio major was a killer at my school. I know some dumber people who got through our chem major with great grades, though. Go figure.

The Earth Sciences are easy.

Biology is definitely easier than chemistry and physics. It's still a hard subject, especially when your professors insist on making you write more papers than your English professors do, or make you give detailed answers to vague test questions. As a bio major, I've taken enough bio courses to realize this is a trend at my small liberal arts school.

I don't think liking math and being interested in all that quantitative stuff will necessarily make physics easier for you. There are many classes in physics where you literally have a problem set of two problems and you have no hope of solving it unless you team up with a group and even then it takes hours and hours. It's really common to put a crap-ton of effort into physics and end up with a terrible grade. This isn't something I've seen in the other sciences (especially for students that enjoy it). Usually in biology if you put a ton of effort into it, you're at least going to get a B.

Pretty much. Physics is insanely frustrating once you get up to the higher level stuff. My mechanics II homework generally takes up my whole Saturdays now (with a study buddy). E&M II and thermal physics were much, much worse.

The Earth Sciences are easy.

Biology is definitely easier than chemistry and physics. It's still a hard subject, especially when your professors insist on making you write more papers than your English professors, or make you give detailed answers to incredibly vague test questions. As a bio major, I've taken enough bio courses to realize this is a trend at my small liberal arts school.

Pretty much. Physics is insanely frustrating once you get up to the higher level stuff. My mechanics II homework generally takes up my whole Saturdays now (with a study buddy). E&M II and thermal physics were much, much worse.

They make me take quantum physics as a mechanical engineering major. I feel for you guys who have to go more in depth.

Members don't see this ad :)
The pre-med major. :rolleyes:

If I could go back I'd do finance or accounting.

Ah, it finally makes sense: I am entirely inept in the kitchen and spend the better part of my days lazing on the couch -- no wonder I suck at chemistry!

Biology without a doubt is the easiest science major. I could not imagine being a chemistry, physics, or math major.