What do you think of UHS-COM?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Cheekster

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Although I wasn't initially all that excited about UHS-COM, I've heard some good things from people I've been interviewing with, and I've been very impressed by the materials UHS has sent me, their website, etc. Not much is said on this site about the school. What is the general feeling about it? Any red flags that I should consider? I'm interviewing there on Wednesday, and would love to hear from current students and anyone else in the know.

Members don't see this ad.

I loved the school...they are very supportive of their students, and it was one of the BEST interview days I had this year....I would definatley go....

I am a first year at UHS and I am thankful every day that I decided to go the Osteopathic route and specifically come to UHS. If you have any specific questions I would be glad to answer them.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for your replies. I had my interview on Wed, and I REALLY liked the school, the staff, the students, etc. I just received word that I've been accepted at Western and CCOM, but I think that given the opportunity, I'll head to Kansas City. It just seemed to have that special little something that has been missing from the other schools I've visited. I'm still going to really weigh my options, but I just have a gut feeling about this school. Let's hope that I get in! Dostudent, what do you think of the new curriculum? Do you think that there are problems that won't be worked out by next Fall? What were the main reasons that you chose UHS? Most of my other questions were answered by my student ambassador and my interviewers, but if you have any general tips about housing, the first academic year, problems you ran into, etc, I would love to hear them.

<<Dostudent, what do you think of the new curriculum? Do you think that there are problems that won't be worked out by next Fall? What were the main reasons that you chose UHS?>>

You will see more medical schools going to this type of program in the future (because it works). I like the fact that I started learning medicine on day 1 and didn't have to wade through a year of basic sciences. Don't get me wrong we are still getting the normal, but we also learn the abnormal and how to treat it at the same time. Very few problems will exist for the next year class (your welcome). I chose UHS for the total package. I did my research on the school, its history, and its future. It was obvious to me.

Drop me a line if you have further questions.