What do you think, part II

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FeetforLife

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So NYCPM has contacted me by phone and said they received my LORs, application, and waiting on the rest. she also said that once they receive mcat scores they can then decide to offer me an interview...the thing is the test is June 15th, so scores won't be available until July 15th...which cuts it close to fall! It makes me a little nervous with the time span...July...August...September...is that enough time for an interview between and all that is related to that?

Scholl sent me an email saying the same....but no phone call. The recruiter said as soon as they receive it, it "will aid in evaluating my application!" Of course I'm over analyzing the email and even the exclamation mark for tone. (Sorry, just overly anxious :scared: )

just wondering if any of you guys could tell me what you think, good sign/neutral sign...? what to expect?

Members don't see this ad.

So NYCPM has contacted me by phone and said they received my LORs, application, and waiting on the rest. she also said that once they receive mcat scores they can then decide to offer me an interview...the thing is the test is June 15th, so scores won't be available until July 15th...which cuts it close to fall! It makes me a little nervous with the time span...July...August...September...is that enough time for an interview between and all that is related to that?

Scholl sent me an email saying the same....but no phone call. The recruiter said as soon as they receive it, it "will aid in evaluating my application!" Of course I'm over analyzing the email and even the exclamation mark for tone. (Sorry, just overly anxious :scared: )

just wondering if any of you guys could tell me what you think, good sign/neutral sign...? what to expect?

Here's is what happened to me with Scholl. I interviewed in late March, 23rd. My LOR was missing so my file/application was not reviewed until it was received. I did let them know about any other acceptances that I had so that they were aware of my status. The DPM took FOREVER to send my LOR so I did not hear back from Scholl until mid-April, April 16th to be exact via phone. Anywho, I was frantic also b/c I really wanted to go to Scholl and thought I was going to miss out b/c of the missing LOR.

I just mailed my deposit for my seat last Thursday, April 19th and my fin aid paperwork on Saturday, April 21st. The school has additional paperwork you have to fill out besides the FAFSA on their website. I believe the deadline is May 18th??

I don't know what you can do about the MCAT, besides trying to get an earlier date, if that is even possible. Did Mandy let you what the latest and/or late date for interviews? Once you are accepted they will contact you via phone and send an acceptance packet by mail with instructions on what to do next.

Also, you will have to look at requesting housing, your fin aid paperwork, and getting your physical and immunizations taken care of by August 6 (orientation for Scholl and registration) once accepted.

You're taking your MCAT this June? Quick question, are you taking them a second, third time or is this your first time?

You should have taken them on your summer of your junior year the same time you would have applied for admissions. Well, I hope you're ready for your MCAT by June and make sure you buy the Kaplan/study guides. I cant stress to you the importance in remembering the phsical sciences and bio sciences; study study study! And good luck!!

I will be taking my MCAT this May 25th and applying for admission for Fall of 2008 this upcoming July or August..just to be early. I'm already getting the 'goosebumbs' lol thinking about the application process.

Dios mio!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Here's is what happened to me with Scholl. I interviewed in late March, 23rd. My LOR was missing so my file/application was not reviewed until it was received. I did let them know about any other acceptances that I had so that they were aware of my status. The DPM took FOREVER to send my LOR so I did not hear back from Scholl until mid-April, April 16th to be exact via phone. Anywho, I was frantic also b/c I really wanted to go to Scholl and thought I was going to miss out b/c of the missing LOR.

I just mailed my deposit for my seat last Thursday, April 19th and my fin aid paperwork on Saturday, April 21st. The school has additional paperwork you have to fill out besides the FAFSA on their website. I believe the deadline is May 18th??

I don't know what you can do about the MCAT, besides trying to get an earlier date, if that is even possible. Did Mandy let you what the latest and/or late date for interviews? Once you are accepted they will contact you via phone and send an acceptance packet by mail with instructions on what to do next.

Also, you will have to look at requesting housing, your fin aid paperwork, and getting your physical and immunizations taken care of by August 6 (orientation for Scholl and registration) once accepted.

Hey when did you send your applications to pod schools? I was wondering if I should send applications on July/August or should I wait till September?

Thanks!:thumbup:

Hey when did you send your applications to pod schools? I was wondering if I should send applications on July/August or should I wait till September?

last year the cycle didnt start until sept.

i applied to all the schools except dmu, cali and temple.

Personally, I'm never a fan for late cycle applications. I think that the student limits their options and will more than likely miss out on scholarship opportunities.

I applied late January, early Feb. I started getting interview invites around the end of Febraury. My last interview was late March.

If you have already submitted your application, LORs, and transcripts, then you should have already started hearing from the schools. I think some of the schools have a May cutoff date (I vaguely remember seeing something on one of the schools' websites) for the MCAT to apply for Fall. Since NYCPM has a January class you would possibly be okay even if you haven't applied yet.

But I would advise anyone to contact the schools directly b/c they know when their last interview date is and the latest you can submit your application material. So call so that you have the most up-to-date info :thumbup:

I applied late January, early Feb. I started getting interview invites around the end of Febraury. My last interview was late March.

If you have already submitted your application, LORs, and transcripts, then you should have already started hearing from the schools. I think some of the schools have a May cutoff date (I vaguely remember seeing something on one of the schools' websites) for the MCAT to apply for Fall. Since NYCPM has a January class you would possibly be okay even if you haven't applied yet.

But I would advise anyone to contact the schools directly b/c they know when their last interview date is and the latest you can submit your application material. So call so that you have the most up-to-date info :thumbup:

Oh I see. Well I'm currently still a junior in undergrad and will be applying for fall of 2008 spot this summer. Thanks for the advice tho. Good luck and take care.

Regards,;)