What do you think?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
N

NLS

Has anybody on the posts majored in psychology and gotten into med school? I'm just curious because most of the schools I have looked at accept mostly biology majors. Although I have seen that New York med schools seem to have a higher percentage of non-biological students accepted; I am especially interested in these schools when the time comes (since I am doing my undergrad there).

Thanks for any responses!

Members don't see this ad.

i think the reason that many of those accepted into med school are bio majors is because a majority of applicants are bio majors. if you take the standard pre-med requirements (and do well!), you should have the same chance of acceptance as a bio major (barring MCAT scores, extracurriculars, etc.) . I am a bio major myself, but two of my friends are also pre-med and one is majoring in psychology, the other in chemical engineering. bio majors do tend to take some classes that adcomms look favorably on (e.g. genetics, cell bio, physio, embryology); however, these classes are sometimes available to non-majors as long as they have completed intro biology. and with the seeming trend in adcomms looking favorably on those majoring in the humanities, i don't think a psych major hurts you at all. good luck!