What do you think?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

budfrog

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am currently a junior working on a biology major at a small private college. My GPA is about a 3.6 with my science GPA about the same. I am planning on taking the DAT in February and was wondering what everyone thought a competitive DAT score is. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

my former classmates(now dental students) got in with academic avg of 18, that's not to say that any lower won't get you in, I also had a friend with a 15AA get in. If you get about an 17-18, I'll bet you have no trouble getting in, especially with a 3.6 gpa.

Members don't see this ad :)
a 21+ will earn some interviews and opportunities. I think thehighwr the score the better. Depending on schools a below 20 is fine while others a 21+ is needed

I am currently a junior working on a biology major at a small private college. My GPA is about a 3.6 with my science GPA about the same. I am planning on taking the DAT in February and was wondering what everyone thought a competitive DAT score is. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

get 20+ AA with no low scores (16 and below) and you should get interviews

I bet @budfrog has like a family and dental practice right now. Probably paid off their student loans already and bought a sweet house and car.

Reactions: 5 users