what do you think

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Deepa100

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know someone that says he will give me his kaplan class material (I decided to go w/ TPR) if I can buy books for his med school (about $140 worth). Should I take up on this offer?

Members don't see this ad.

I know someone that says he will give me his kaplan class material (I decided to go w/ TPR) if I can buy books for his med school (about $140 worth). Should I take up on this offer?

I think the ONLINE Kaplan class material is worth more than any book material. You can always buy a MCAT review book from a bookstore, Amazon, or even Ebay. Since your friend's Kaplan online material should expire shortly after his course ends (maybe 1-2 months after due to CBT), its pretty much useless. Besides, you're taking TPR already so you don't really need additional online material or book material.

On another note, I think Kaplan Online material is "one use only". That is, if your friend took an online test--you can't take it again. Whereas TPR, you can retake it. Someone should confirm this for me, but my friend who recently did Kaplan said he can't retake his practice problems online and was envious of my TPR program which allowed me to retake exams.

Anyway...just some things to think about. Good luck!