What does everyone think of the My Medical Career website?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DrJT

Partner Organization
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

The My Medical Career website is the first online career planning portal for Australian medical students and junior doctors, and recently announced its partnership with the Student Doctor Network.

We would love your feedback on the site, and you are welcome to join the community to discuss your (present or future) medical careers in Australia!

DrJT

Members don't see this ad.

We would love your feedback on the site, and you are welcome to join the community to discuss your (present or future) medical careers in Australia!

DrJT

I couldn't find any information on approximately what sorts of salaries are typical for the various specialties in Australia. Also, it seems that all of the links on the "surveys" page (under resources) direct you straight to a comments page instead of to the actual survey.

Thanks for your comments shan...

I've created active links to the surveys to which you referred. Unfortunately, despite our best efforts it has been very difficult to obtain reliable salary data for Australian doctors, unlike in the USA. We will continue to look into this,

Dr JT

Members don't see this ad :)
Why not add a dental section?

I think this site is turning into a great resource!

More info on about the process of obtaining residency in Australia for international Australian medical school graduates would be appreciated.

Overall, I think this is a great place to start learning about the prospects of studying and practicing medicine in Australia.

Thanks for your comments shan...

I've created active links to the surveys to which you referred. Unfortunately, despite our best efforts it has been very difficult to obtain reliable salary data for Australian doctors, unlike in the USA. We will continue to look into this,

Dr JT

I thought that the salaries were pretty much standard and could be found on state gov websites. Outside experience level, the only way it varies in the public system is via overtime. (So likely a surg reg would make more than a pysch reg). The area where it gets confusing is the 2 tiered system which allows for private work. The money is higher in private land but those coming from overseas can't get there for 10 years because of the moritorium. So really it shouldn't be that hard to provide people with some info on the public system.