Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

What does it all mean?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by donnym26, Mar 9, 2000.

1. donnym26

donnym26 New Member

I recently recieved letters from two of the medical schools that I applied to telling me that my application has been put on hold after being reviewed. I have not interviewed at either of the schools yet and I was just wondering what this means exactly? If anyone has any insight into this procedure, please let me know!

2. Future DOc

Future DOc Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Being on "Hold" actually means they are still deciding whether to invite you for an interview, BUT they don't want to put your application on the rejection file at the moment. Its almost like they want to invite you for an interview, however there is some hesitation or reservation by someone in the committee.

Usually, they place your application on a hold pile & when the admissions committee meets the next time, they'll again decide whether to invite you, reject you, or again place you on hold. Its very disheartening to applicants b/c of the anxiety of not knowing your fate. I got my fingers crossed for you that it would be an invitation for an interview the next round they meet [​IMG] Good luck!! [​IMG]

Rob
    WesternU/COMP MS II

[This message has been edited by Future DOc (edited 03-09-2000).]

3. nicolette

nicolette Member
    10+ Year Member

Hi,
    Being placed "on hold" without an interview doesn't look good. I hate to be the one to say it, but realize that schools waitlist a large number of students after an interview. When spots open up, they go to those on the waitlist. It's not completely impossible, but considering how late in the game it is right now, I wouldn't get my hopes up. One thing I can suggest is that you call/write to those two schools and update your grades/activities and express interest. It wouldn't hurt. The application process is really a long, drawn-out and anxiety-provoking process. Just hang in there. I wish you the best.

[This message has been edited by nicolette (edited 03-10-2000).]