What does it take to get an interview?!?!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yankeekd25

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
What does it take to get an interview? I was rejected at all the FL schools (FL resident) with a 3.88 gpa and a 30 mcat score. I have great EC's, Patient Contact, Volunteer etc. No glaring red flags, except maybe one not as solid LOR. However, I have a very strong committee letter and letters from other PHDs/ MDs. Is it because I have not taken the new MCAT? The schools are not so keen on giving me application feedback so I am here guessing and it is driving me nuts.

Members don't see this ad.

When did you apply and submit your secondaries? When did you take your MCAT?

Primaries were turned in the first day they opened, secondaries were sent within a day or two of receiving. I took my MCAT in 2014, but as far as I know, the schools I applied to were all accepting of it. I have taken some gap years in between graduation, I don't know if this has affected anything or not.

Members don't see this ad :)
You will need to take the new MCAT for your next application. Post your score here when available. Assuming you can score 508 (30 on old MCAT) you would be competitive for all DO schools so include 10 or more DO schools in your next application. You may need a DO LOR for some schools. For MD you should also include a large number of OOS private schools in addition to all your Florida schools.