1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

What does it take to get into a Phd prog for an IMG?

Discussion in 'General International Discussion' started by dr. dre, Oct 28, 2002.

1. dr. dre

dr. dre New Member

Hi, I'm just wondering what the requirements are for an IMG to get into a med or sci Phd programme in the US. Does it matter if I have no undergrad science background or research experience? And are any tests required e.g. GRE, TOEFL??? And what does it take to get into a prestigious Phd programme e.g. harvard???
    Thanks for any suggestions

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ussdfiant

Physician Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    How would you be able to get into medical school, or get a PhD in a science with no undergraduate science? Or is that your question?

4. dr. dre

dr. dre New Member

Not all med schools are post grad. I come from a 6yr undergrad med programme.

So anyone got any idea???

5. nucdoc

nucdoc New Member

I know that it is possible at the University of California Riverside. I personally know an individual who had a BA in Sociology from UC Berkelely who went to UC Riverside and after about 8 years received a PhD in physics from that university and is now at Harvard University as a staff member.