What does medicine mean to you?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

footballrules

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I know this thread topic is pointless, but so what.

What does medicine mean to you?

We all know about the good salaries and job security. I just want to see what deep level thoughts others have.

Members don't see this ad.

thats funny...finances and job security werent the things that immediately popped up in my mind when i first thought of what medicine means to me...

is this a question on a secondary essay somewhere? interview prep? or is this earnest curiosity?

Members don't see this ad :)
thats funny...finances and job security werent the things that immediately popped up in my mind when i first thought of what medicine means to me...

is this a question on a secondary essay somewhere? interview prep? or is this earnest curiosity?

Earnest curiosity.

A career with an interesting subject matter plus good job security and a good salary. That's honestly it. It's just a job at the end of the day. Sorry if I'm not salivating over myself just thinking about medicine, but other parts of my life will be more fulfilling than what job I have. This doesn't mean I'm not passionate about medicine, just that I realize that my career isn't the only thing that defines me.

Last edited:
A career with an interesting subject matter plus good job security and a good salary. That's honestly it. It's just a job at the end of the day. Sorry if I'm not salivating over myself just thinking about medicine, but other parts of my life will be more fulfilling than what job I have. This doesn't mean I'm not passionate about about medicine, just that I realize that my career isn't the only thing that defines me.
That'd be my serious answer. Well said.

Cuttin b!tches and gettin paid.

Kinda like bein a gangsta, but less illegal.