What does the real MSAR look like?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lblock209

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm talking about the one with the typical stats for accepted students at every school. I bought some useless, razor-thin book called "MSAR: Getting Started" with a blue and orange front cover and after going through every single page haven't found anything regarding average GPA and MCAT at each school.

Are there different versions of this?

Members don't see this ad.

After doing some more digging, apparently there's an MSAR Online which actually lists the stuff I'm looking for (10th and 90th percentile gpa, mcat oos acceptance stats, etc) and there's another one (the one I have) which doesn't list this info.

Can the useful one (MSAR Online) be rented at the library or anywhere else or only purchased via AAMC?

Members don't see this ad :)
After doing some more digging, apparently there's an MSAR Online which actually lists the stuff I'm looking for (10th and 90th percentile gpa, mcat oos acceptance stats, etc) and there's another one (the one I have) which doesn't list this info.

Can the useful one (MSAR Online) be rented at the library or anywhere else or only purchased via AAMC?

now they only do an electronic copy I believe. The paper one doesn't have that stuff anymore

The new MSAR is only being released online now and it's actually really really nice to have. It was WELL WORTH the $20 or so that it cost. And yes, it does have all that GPA and MCAT info that you're looking for.

My pre-med office on campus had last year's (or was it the year before?) book version and they let me borrow it for 2 weeks for free. If you're still in school, see if they have it there.