What does this mean?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

docu

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got invited for a prelim IM interview for the 3rd time in a row. Do some programs just interview everyone that applied? What does it mean? Will I ever get in?

Members don't see this ad.

I got invited for a prelim IM interview for the 3rd time in a row. Do some programs just interview everyone that applied? What does it mean? Will I ever get in?

Probably just an ERAS error. Just like people getting two rejections from the same program. Just confirm with the PC.

Probably just an ERAS error. Just like people getting two rejections from the same program. Just confirm with the PC.

I think the OP meant they were invited to interview for the third year in a row. Personally, I wouldn't put a lot of stock in a place that already invited and passed you over two times in the past. Nevertheless, since you are applying for a third time you should probably go to every interview and rank every program no matter how slim the chance.

I got invited for a prelim IM interview for the 3rd time in a row. Do some programs just interview everyone that applied?
Yes

What does it mean?

See above

Will I ever get in?

Never say never, but if they've passed you over 2x before, I wouldn't hold my breath.