What does this mean?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

polo8250

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Of course this happens at the school I really like. So today I get a letter from PCOM saying the faculty committee on admissions has decided to delay a decision on your application for admissions. Is that another way of saying you have been placed on the waitlist?

:( What, if anything, can I do? :( :( :( :( :(

Members don't see this ad.

i am withdrawing from my interview from there. so maybe that will open one up for you:)

Yep. Sounds like it. On the bright side it is better than a rejection letter and at least you know where you stand. Hopefully the acceptance letter will come when shortly.
Good luck!

raptor5
PCOM class of 2008

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by iamtravis
i am withdrawing from my interview from there. so maybe that will open one up for you:)

thanks but this was post-interview

Originally posted by raptor5
Yep. Sounds like it. On the bright side it is better than a rejection letter and at least you know where you stand. Hopefully the acceptance letter will come when shortly.
Good luck!

raptor5
PCOM class of 2008

Thanks! I know its better than a rejection but I thought it had gone really well. :( Good luck to you.

Just curious, did you send them a letter telling them how much you enjoyed the school. If it's your number one choice you should let them know. If I was in your position I would send them another letter just letting them know that you really would like to attend their school next year (let them know why), and you look forward to hearing from them. I think thats all you can do

No I haven't sent them a letter. I hadn't even had a chance to send the thank you cards b/c I was busy trying to make up tests I missed while interviewing. I think I will skip out on the cards and send a letter. Thanks

hey polo, i got that same letter a few weeks ago. I faxed them a letter discussing how impressed I was with PCOMand included my new MCAT score. A received an acceptance postmarked two days after my fax. show them you are interested.....explain why you would make a solid memeber of their community. good luck

Thanks for the inspiration medicated. I was so depressed today, you are really giving me some hope.