What does your studying setup look like?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ktran17

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
img20110417194736.jpg

Members don't see this ad.

nutella to eat and sdn on the computer? Looks like chillin to me. Chillinnnnnnnnn

Members don't see this ad :)
haha gotta love my breaks =) i i have different types of study sessions depending on what day it is. on the weekend, i have a more laid back study session. During the school week, i study with offline mode on my browser and turn it on only if i need to look up something.

From what I have read, you're supposed to take a 10 minute break every hour. Who knew?

I actually like the air freshener he has on the shelf. I wonder what it's for.... :boom:

Members don't see this ad :)
The local strip club, I tutor the strippers in Orgo in exchange for lap dances. :laugh:

deskx.jpg

desk2.jpg

Here is my workstation.... I'm in the middle of a medical ethics paper defending the use of randomized clinical trials, with specific applications in the development of novel psychotropics. Note the brain storm on the white board!

dear all, please dont post pictures of your study spot if you have GPS enabled on your cellular phone that you took the picture with .. it may give away the location that the image was taken as SDN does not wipe exif data.

Before an O-Chem exam

16157809.png

After the O-Chem exam

22739050.png

dear all, please dont post pictures of your study spot if you have GPS enabled on your cellular phone that you took the picture with .. it may give away the location that the image was taken as SDN does not wipe exif data.

Take this advice. This is quality 4chan veteran stuff right here.

Since no one's posting pictures here bigger than their screen, one could just view the image in question, screenshot and then crop it, and voila!

this is a good solution. do this.

also, you can turn off your GPS tags on your cell phone.. if you're worried that the location is stuck on, check to see if locations of your photos are turned on here: www.exiph.com (disclosure: I helped make this website, thats why I know about exif data)

I'm actually in a year off between undergrad and med school so I haven't exactly done a lot of studying here recently, but between now and once school starts the only thing that will really change is getting 4 more monitors above the upper right window.

33o7edy.jpg

I see bottles of adderall!

I knew someone was going to say that. :rolleyes: But just to clear my name, one is levothyroxine and the other is allegra. And then advil in the back from all the tension in my shoulders from those exams.

I'm actually in a year off between undergrad and med school so I haven't exactly done a lot of studying here recently, but between now and once school starts the only thing that will really change is getting 4 more monitors above the upper right window.

33o7edy.jpg
And Why so many monitors?

And Why so many monitors?

I Wanna get a feel for a radiologists workplace w/o the black room? Haha j/k, I have actually been doing a lot of online trading with forex/commodity/future options in my year off and have slowly been increasing the number of screens so I can quickly look at important indicators at once without minimizing different screens. It actually helps a lot more than you may think. My goal is to have my trading style automated by the time school starts but I will still need the setup so I can monitor everything while I am studying.

And it's nice when doing research because it's a lot easier and faster to have a dedicated screen for each web page/document.

I Wanna get a feel for a radiologists workplace w/o the black room? Haha j/k, I have actually been doing a lot of online trading with forex/commodity/future options in my year off and have slowly been increasing the number of screens so I can quickly look at important indicators at once without minimizing different screens. It actually helps a lot more than you may think. My goal is to have my trading style automated by the time school starts but I will still need the setup so I can monitor everything while I am studying.

And it's nice when doing research because it's a lot easier and faster to have a dedicated screen for each web page/document.

I have dabbled in trading, what do you mean automated? You are writing a program to make the trades for you? You can PM if you don't want to post here, I am just interested.