What else to do!!!! Princeton Review

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Miss155

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi

I was wondering if I am currently going to Princeton Review, what else can I do improve my score besides doing the homework in the science workbook and reading the book? Thanks a lot!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Miss155 said:
Hi

I was wondering if I am currently going to Princeton Review, what else can I do improve my score besides doing the homework in the science workbook and reading the book? Thanks a lot!!!

Get really in depth in TPR. Skimming the surface of several preps won't do you as much good as really using one.

Do the homework. Redo any you miss after reviewing the right way to do it. Internalize the right way to do it.

Memorize formulas. Folks will say you don't need to, but I've gotten several right by knowing three or four formulas and being able to take the given information, run it through several formulas, and come out with a right answer.

Review the previous assignments to stay fresh. It's a long haul, you need to know it all at the end.

MoosePilot said:
Get really in depth in TPR. Skimming the surface of several preps won't do you as much good as really using one.

Do the homework. Redo any you miss after reviewing the right way to do it. Internalize the right way to do it.

Memorize formulas. Folks will say you don't need to, but I've gotten several right by knowing three or four formulas and being able to take the given information, run it through several formulas, and come out with a right answer.

Review the previous assignments to stay fresh. It's a long haul, you need to know it all at the end.

How can I redo the questions I miss if it is just passage based?

Miss155 said:
Hi

Hi Miss

I found taking pratice exams was the best way to improve the score.
I took Kaplan but my verbal was always low. I did not like their strategy (summarizing) so I bought Examkrakers verbal book and used their strategy. (Reading the whole passage and not going back)

My score improved by 3 points.

As for bio and physics, learning tactics to reduce time really helped. If you practice many times (many exams) you will eventually see a pattern, especially physics.

Miss155 said:
How can I redo the questions I miss if it is just passage based?

Huh?

That would make some sense if you were talking about verbal, but you specifically mentioned the science workbook.

Some questions are just reading comprehension. The only review you can do with those is to see where in the passage they got the "right" answer and try to adjust your thinking.

A lot are a mix of reading, knowledge, and application. Work through those and see how to get the right answer. If it's TPR then there are detailed answers, so that's really useful. Once you've gone through them all with the answer key, go back through without the answer key and see if you've intenalized the knowledge to the point where you can work through the problem without the answer key. Try to find other problems like that one and see if you can do them. That's what I'm talking about.