Beau Geste

yah mo b there
Bronze Donor
10+ Year Member
Jun 10, 2005
Between Heaven and Hell, benching like crazy
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Hi you non-trads! Are you pursuing med school, dental school, something else? Just curious to see how diverse/uniform we are!?

P.S. If you're "pre" anything (e.g. pre-med) just choose the general area (e.g. medicine).

Sundarban1

Devil in disguise
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 10, 2004
MA
Status
Medical Student
megboo said:
Hi you non-trads! Are you pursuing med school, dental school, something else? Just curious to see how diverse/uniform we are!?

P.S. If you're "pre" anything (e.g. pre-med) just choose the general area (e.g. medicine).
Definitely medicine. I found an internal medicine niche that is almost too good to be true: Hospitalists! Where else can you start $150k+ productivity bonus, all insurance paid, and have a 7 on 7 off schedule (No call)??

I'm sure some of the surgical specialties, etc. have similar benefits and such but thats damn good for internal medicine
:laugh:

QofQuimica

Seriously, dude, I think you're overreacting....
Staff member
Administrator
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Oct 12, 2004
Florida/Fellowship
Status
Fellow [Any Field], Attending Physician
megboo said:

I voted for MD and PhD. I hope I answered correctly....

Anastasis

caffeinated for safety
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Feb 20, 2005
TX
Status
Attending Physician
Sundarban1 said:
Definitely medicine. I found an internal medicine niche that is almost too good to be true: Hospitalists! Where else can you start $150k+ productivity bonus, all insurance paid, and have a 7 on 7 off schedule (No call)??

I'm sure some of the surgical specialties, etc. have similar benefits and such but thats damn good for internal medicine
:laugh:
I really like the idea of a hospitalist too but I haven't been able to find much about it on the web. Can you post some links for me?

Sundarban1

Devil in disguise
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Nov 10, 2004
MA
Status
Medical Student
Anastasis said:
I really like the idea of a hospitalist too but I haven't been able to find much about it on the web. Can you post some links for me?
You can start here. If you look in the FAQ section of the internal medicine forum here you can find a few other good links as well.

QofQuimica

Seriously, dude, I think you're overreacting....
Staff member
Administrator
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Oct 12, 2004
Florida/Fellowship
Status
Fellow [Any Field], Attending Physician
datsa said:
ditto. Now I just have to finish this B.S. and start the next stage . . .
If you're applying MD/PhD, check out the physician scientist forum further down the page. :)