What Field

Discussion in 'Medical Students - MD' started by bubster9, Jan 19, 2002.

1. bubster9

bubster9 Crown Prince

The other day I was thinking about possible fields to look into. Here's what I realized, tell me what fields come to mind. I absolutely hate doing puzzles, or anything that involvs lots of spacial reasoning. I really struggle with that kind of stuff and can't stand it. I want to see patients, I don't really want to be an general practioner, and I really want to do something where I can talk to people in the office, but also get to use my hands. I want to be able to help people by talking and comforting them, but then use my hands and actually see and feel what I'm fixing. I'm rather creative and enjoy thinking outside of the box. Tell me what you think.

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. LR6SO4

LR6SO4 Senior Member

I absolutely hate doing puzzles, or anything that involvs lots of spacial reasoning
    -Ok, so not surgery..

I want to see patients, I don't really want to be an general practioner, and I really want to do something where I can talk to people in the office, but also get to use my hands.
    -Any IM specialty, Neuro, PM&R, Ob/Gyn.

I want to be able to help people by talking and comforting them, but then use my hands and actually see and feel what I'm fixing.
    -Any interventional IM specialty, GI, Cards, etc.
    Maybe interventional Radiology but less patient contact there. Ob/Gyn but you will have to like surgery too, at least in residency. PM&R comes up again...Pain management? Ophtho-again you will have to like surgery, very small precise surgery at that.

I'm rather creative and enjoy thinking outside of the box.
    -PM&R is the one from the above list that fits best. Kind of because it just fits with outside the box thinkers as it is a pretty unknown specialty, you can use your hands, be office based and not a GP. Just an idea.