What goes into SCIENCE GPA?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ricely

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
how was AMACAS calculate your science gpa? what goes into it?

Members don't see this ad.

Science and math. Not behavioural science.

i took some computer science courses for which I received an "A" as an undergrad and i counted them in the math section last year. this year they had a seperate "computer science" section.

Since you are wondering... you have to divide your sciences into four core according to the following acronyms

B for bio
C for Chem
P for physics
M for math

these are required (schools usually require 2 semesters of each, but you have to every BCPM including upper division BCPM here if you are a science major or have taken upper division courses)
then you can add your other sciences in another division. For example "Astronomy" or "Geology" would go in natural sciences.

So you have a BCPM gpa and a total cumulative science gpa. Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

the standard grading system applies for a four unit class...

A+/A = 4
A- = 3.7
B+ = 3.3
B = 3.0
B- = 2.7
C+ = 2.3
C = 2
C- = 1.7
D+ = 1.3
D = 1.0
D- = 0.7
FAIL = 0

[Hmmm. now that i think about it, maybe i should have snuck my Astro class and grade ("A") into the physics section, to give my BCPM a boost. I doubt AMCAS (or med schools, for that matter) would question the validity of that. shoot. ]

stats courses are part of the math too.