What Happened To Stony Brook?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr.Bear

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys
At this point I am going to UMDNJ---(hello class of 2009.. see you soon), but what ever happened to Stony Brook? I know that this out of state requirement has made the admission procress slow.. but wow.. I know many people still waiting who were interviewed WAY BACK WHEN I WAS... just wondering if anyone has heard anything?

Members don't see this ad.

Dr.Bear said:
Hi Guys
At this point I am going to UMDNJ---(hello class of 2009.. see you soon), but what ever happened to Stony Brook? I know that this out of state requirement has made the admission procress slow.. but wow.. I know many people still waiting who were interviewed WAY BACK WHEN I WAS... just wondering if anyone has heard anything?

I never heard anything

neither did i. if we dont maybe we can sue for aggravation.

Members don't see this ad :)
Dr.Bear said:
what ever happened to Stony Brook?

I think it finally fell off the face of this earth and got gobbled by sea monsters, as it's been threatening to do for a while :p

:confused: They must have fallen off the face of the earth... There are so many people that I know who haven't heard a thing.. it's truly unreal.

I haven't heard back anything either. Looks like I'll be headed to NYU.

I got a call from stony last week saying my application went under final review and they have granted me a seat. This means they are still looking for seats i guess. hope this helps.

jayhov said:
I got a call from stony last week saying my application went under final review and they have granted me a seat. This means they are still looking for seats i guess. hope this helps.

Are you going to accept the offer?

This school's wack! i got an email today saying your status is still pending, and you will be notified as soon as possible, but no anticipated date is possible...

I interviewed back in Feb....

mvs04 said:
This school's wack! i got an email today saying your status is still pending, and you will be notified as soon as possible, but no anticipated date is possible...

I interviewed back in Feb....

I second that. I dont get this school's policy on telling students if they are in or not. It's almost june and to hear them say no decision when I interviewed in November. That's a bunch of crap i could care less now about them.

kookra said:
I second that. I dont get this school's policy on telling students if they are in or not. It's almost june and to hear them say no decision when I interviewed in November. That's a bunch of crap i could care less now about them.

I interviewed in September. :laugh:

sounds to me like this school is shooting itself in the foot by not sending out acceptances earlier.

fact is, their best applicants have probably already decided where they are going and are singing leases for apartments, etc!

i love how we are told to get those apps in as soon as possible because it is important so you maximize your chances of getting in at as many schools as possible, blah blah blah

but then we have stony brook who will probably end up with 2nd and 3rd tier matriculants for the simple fact they wasted time!

hahaha. i love it!

bump.

holy crap. look what i found...

so there is a chance that i wont hear anything at all?! ???

Just got a call this morning...so hopefully you should expecting the call as well... :)

Ok so they are calling people again... CONGRATS on the acceptance.. Are you going to go there?? They haven't called me yet, this can't be good... Why wont you just call me already!! Ring damn you phone RING!!!!!!

The chances of even getting in at stony brook are so small...they have aroud 2000 applicants...they've already interviewed 130 and they are expecting to interview another 100. they accept 38-40 students. 12% interviewed. 20% of those interviewed are accepted. so approx 1/10*1/5 one out of every 50-60 are accepted. dont go holding breath and getting pissed...chances are they prob arent even looking at you. LOL. sorry...es nevaru gaidit lidz atbildiem.