What happened to the Podiatry Forum?

Discussion in 'Clinicians [ RN / NP / PA ]' started by Toejam, Jun 21, 2002.

1. Toejam

Toejam Terminal Student
    7+ Year Member

It seems as though it's breathed its last breath.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Deep Fibular

Deep Fibular Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

Good! I don't like that site at all! If I had anything good to say about any of the topics, nothing would get posted. Too negative and biased for me!!!!

3. Toejam

Toejam Terminal Student
    7+ Year Member

Yeah, it was pretty negative.

Honestly, most of what I wrote on that forum could have been viewed as "negative", but I just saw it as the unvarnished truth. I really couldn't think of too many good things to say about podiatry. I have a lot of good things to say about podiaTRISTS, but little on the profession, the schools and the organizations. Many times I was just defending my opinions and observations, which oftentimes spiraled into negative banter.

I saw a couple more sites on Yahoo about podiatry. They were under "Yahoo Clubs"

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. ussdfiant

Physician Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Toejam:
    <strong>It seems as though it's breathed its last breath.</strong></font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I was wondering the same thing.

5. efs

efs SDN Advisor
    SDN Advisor 10+ Year Member

Podiatrist
    I think it has burned itself out. It really would be hard to continue to be negative, and there were really only a few people posting on a regular basis. I guess they found other things to do. I would be curious to know what happened.

If I recall correctly, there was a regular poster who wasn't very happy with the profession. Then about a year (or maybe two) ago, he wrote a few posts about how his practice was picking up. He was starting to make a lot more money, and did not have the time to post on a regular basis anymore.

6. footdoc

footdoc Junior Member

At last count, there were approximately 43 pod students left, only 6 of them have computers, 4 of those had an ISP that went out of business, and the other 2 are on vacation.

7. Deep Fibular

Deep Fibular Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

thepodiatryforum.com is back in full force with more negatives than ever. Lets see if they have anything positive to say about podiatry.