What happened to the Podiatry Forum?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Toejam

Terminal Student
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
It seems as though it's breathed its last breath.

Members don't see this ad.

Good! I don't like that site at all! If I had anything good to say about any of the topics, nothing would get posted. Too negative and biased for me!!!!

Yeah, it was pretty negative.

Honestly, most of what I wrote on that forum could have been viewed as "negative", but I just saw it as the unvarnished truth. I really couldn't think of too many good things to say about podiatry. I have a lot of good things to say about podiaTRISTS, but little on the profession, the schools and the organizations. Many times I was just defending my opinions and observations, which oftentimes spiraled into negative banter.

I saw a couple more sites on Yahoo about podiatry. They were under "Yahoo Clubs"

Members don't see this ad :)
•••quote:•••Originally posted by Toejam:
•It seems as though it's breathed its last breath.•••••I was wondering the same thing.

I think it has burned itself out. It really would be hard to continue to be negative, and there were really only a few people posting on a regular basis. I guess they found other things to do. I would be curious to know what happened.

If I recall correctly, there was a regular poster who wasn't very happy with the profession. Then about a year (or maybe two) ago, he wrote a few posts about how his practice was picking up. He was starting to make a lot more money, and did not have the time to post on a regular basis anymore.

At last count, there were approximately 43 pod students left, only 6 of them have computers, 4 of those had an ISP that went out of business, and the other 2 are on vacation.

thepodiatryforum.com is back in full force with more negatives than ever. Lets see if they have anything positive to say about podiatry.