Deep Fibular

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 15, 2002
Status (Visible)
Good! I don't like that site at all! If I had anything good to say about any of the topics, nothing would get posted. Too negative and biased for me!!!!

Toejam

Terminal Student
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 13, 2002
35 miles from Pomona
Status (Visible)
Yeah, it was pretty negative.

Honestly, most of what I wrote on that forum could have been viewed as "negative", but I just saw it as the unvarnished truth. I really couldn't think of too many good things to say about podiatry. I have a lot of good things to say about podiaTRISTS, but little on the profession, the schools and the organizations. Many times I was just defending my opinions and observations, which oftentimes spiraled into negative banter.

I saw a couple more sites on Yahoo about podiatry. They were under "Yahoo Clubs"

About the Ads

efs

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 20, 2001
Germany
Status (Visible)
  1. Podiatrist
I think it has burned itself out. It really would be hard to continue to be negative, and there were really only a few people posting on a regular basis. I guess they found other things to do. I would be curious to know what happened.

If I recall correctly, there was a regular poster who wasn't very happy with the profession. Then about a year (or maybe two) ago, he wrote a few posts about how his practice was picking up. He was starting to make a lot more money, and did not have the time to post on a regular basis anymore.

footdoc

15+ Year Member
Mar 23, 2002
NE OH
Status (Visible)
At last count, there were approximately 43 pod students left, only 6 of them have computers, 4 of those had an ISP that went out of business, and the other 2 are on vacation.

Deep Fibular

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 15, 2002
Status (Visible)
thepodiatryforum.com is back in full force with more negatives than ever. Lets see if they have anything positive to say about podiatry.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 19 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.