What Happened to the "Troll Poll"? (Pebbles?)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Paul's Boutique

B====D
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey, All!

We had a post going which started with 'pebbles' saying how ?she? was 22 and had (it seemed) infinite experience in anaesthesiology; it weaved back and forth, and we wound up conducting a "Troll Poll".

What happened?

Members don't see this ad.

Paul's Boutique
I have done nothing wrong. Just because I can not decide what to do my graduate work in does not make me a troll. I will do law or med, how unusual is that? Please, stop harassing me.

People skills and maturity are extremely important in the medical career, get some!!

[This message has been edited by Pebbles (edited 01-04-2000).]

Have no fear the truth Doctor Is here.
Peb, what is a troll pol

------------------
Khan

Members don't see this ad :)
The last two months I can not decide either medicine or law. One minute law sounds good and the next medicine sounds good. I am getting made fun of because I can not decide. Then, the next thing I know they are trying to say I am not a nurse. I am, you can check my state registar. Then, they are trying to say I don't work in a bioinformatics lab and a bunch of other things. I don't mean to make anyone mad. Someone might say "forget it" but I am a sensitive person and I don't like to be demeaned and striped of my titles I have worked so hard in my live to achieve. I have never said I was IN medical school or IN law school. I said I WAS pursuing it. Pursue means to chase according to Webster. My Genetics degree (I am a Senior) I am achieving. It bothers me. Please stop.
With the anesthesia thing I have volunteered a lot and they are trying to say I haven't. I do not like to be made fun of and it bothers me.

[This message has been edited by Pebbles (edited 01-04-2000).]

Sounds like you've got a lot of thinking to do... best of luck to you, pebs.

Do you believe me? I am sorry just never want to be labeled as a liar.

I believe that you've got a lot on your mind. A bit of advice, and you're free to take it however you'd like (all of it, a little, or ignore it): take time to relax. Your posts come across as a stream-of-consciousness rush of thoughts and emotions. It's perfectly fine to not know what you specifically want to do with your life 10, 20, 30 years down the road----you are 22+/- years old; give yourself some slack!
biggrin.gif
It's not worth stressing yourself out, especially when you can't rush things (life) along anyway.

You may want to consider taking a break (a year? two years?) to see if you even want to really go into law or medicine. That way, you'll be able to find out if it's something that -you- want to do, as opposed to something that -others- may want you to do...

Okay...I will. I have been REALLY stressed lately. Thank you VERY much. Again I am sorry.

pebbles,

looks like you have been harrassed way too much on this board. i don't think it's anything against you, but i agree w/ PB when he says your posts are "stream-of-consciousness rush of thoughts and emotions." it just sounds like you are really confused, and i'm guessing what you're trying to say isn't coming across as what you really mean. try and relax some. it will help make your decision clearer. medicine and law are two very different professions, so it is tough to imagine one could be very passionate about both. it will serve you best to decide which path you want to take, and then go full-steam in that direction. being half-minded may take away some zeal in your applications and could subsequently hurt you. best of luck to you.

WTF don't exhume moldy threads...

What on earth is a troll poll?????

can't be good from the sounds of pebbles' post

By the way pebbles...don't worry about what *****s say about you. Lots of people compensate for their own insecurities by poking fun at someone else's. It is grade school stuff. They need to grow up.

and also, I could understand being interested in both medicine and law. See I have an "I want to save the world" mentality. Medicine...you try to save the world one person at a time....Law...you try to make the big changes...change laws....go into politics...take over the world :laugh:
I don't see why it is so far-fetched to be passionate about both!

People need to learn to stop making judgements about people based on the little blurps they read in an annonymous post. Oh wait, wasn't I just doing the same thing :laugh: :laugh:
Flame me...its fun.

My lord, I didn't realize this thread was 2 1/2 freaking years old!!!!

Another blatent judgement: some people really need to get a life!

(me included...schools out, I have no TV, no job...SDN is my only entertainment)