What happens after interview?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premed1218

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
How long typically do you wait before you hear a response? What is the fastest time response time anyone has heard for acceptances and wait-list?

Members don't see this ad.

The AAMC rule states that October 15 is the earliest date a school can offer acceptances (for regular-decision applicants).

after the interview, you wait (and wait and wait and wait and wait...). some schools are really good at getting back to you. for example, i found out from tulane that i was waitlisted less than a week after the interview. it took most schools at least 6 weeks to get back to me, and some schools took closer to 3 months to let me know.

Members don't see this ad :)
I guess we just wait til Oct. 15th, Feb. 1st, or May 15th.

At one of the schools I interviewed at, they said that they would try and get our decisions out in 3 weeks or so. One of the other applicants asked about the October 15 deadline and the admissions guy we were talking to didn't know anything about it and as far as he knew, they were meeting in two weeks to discuss the first batch of regular applicants. I didn't even know there was this "No decision before 10/15" thing before then. Interesting.

This process reminds me of the MCAT with all its waiting and agonizing to see results... ah well, time to go drink

Sachin

i should say that most of my interviews were late (jan-march/april), which probably made the waiting longer than people who interviewed early. there is a huge backup in reviewing people by the time spring rolls along.

With EDP in TX, you can find out right away. Unfortunately, only 2 do it.

Thanks guys for the info..... Averageman, which schools are you talking about that tries to meet that 2 week deadline?