bnichols0330

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 8, 2001
Visit site
Status
I know that this is a long way down the road (I'm a MS-2). Also I'm not positive that this is the correct forum to post this in, but this is the only forum I read so here is my question.

What happens after residency? Let's say you match in the specialty you want, finish your dream residency, and now want to start practicing. If there is a city that you desire to live in that is not a hometown or where you have any connections is there a way to find a job in that city without opening your own practice from scratch? Can you hire a medical headhunter or something?

I say all of this b/c I have a city that my wife & I love to visit (quite often) that I would love to start my practice in. However, at this point I don't have any connections there, and b/c it is not a large city I don't know if I ever will. What's that next step?

OrthoFixation

1K Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 26, 2003
Livin' on Tulsa Time
Visit site
Status
If you want a job, then search for one. You can use physician search services (fee typically paid by the employer), many resident programs provide employment assistance, you can canvas the hospitals in your desired area, or you can start your own practice if you want to add to that tiny debt pile.